Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 11

Tema: Altitude data not displayed for .gpx files

Predeterminado Altitude data not displayed for .gpx files

Hello all,

I've recently noticed something strange concerning tracks in .gpx format. Whereas for tracks in .trk format the altitude data and graph (Distance/Altitude) are displayed correctly on my Sportiva GPS, tracks recorded or transformed into .gpx format do not display the altitude data correctly. The graph (Altitude/Distance) displays "No data on Y axis", while all the altitude data is nonsense - e.g. Maximum Altitude 0m, Minimum Altitude 10000m, Departure Altitude -9999m, etc.

Is this considered to be normal behaviour for a .gpx track? If so, it's not very helpful.

James

Predeterminado

Hi James,

you missed giving essential informations like Twonav/CGSL version used, which graph do you mean e.g. graph in datafield are different(graphs of existing tracks are only shown if you navigate to them) from those in tracklist and which data fields do you mean(triplog pages or track properties .

I just tested it with my Sportva+ with Twonav 2.6.1 and everything looks ok.
    I took an old track recorded with my former Garmin 60csx loaded it into to CGPSL 7.4 and saved it as trk-format.
    Both loaded on Sportiva showed me equal graphs.

Anyway you can upload an example a specify exactly which value and where so other user can try too verify it on it's own device.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

Hello Gert,

Thanks for your reply and sorry I didn't provide enough information in my article.

The problem occurs on my Sportiva GPS running TwoNav 2.6. It concerns tracks recorded in the Tracklog in .gpx format (or saved as .gpx format), and tracks that I've transferred from my computer. The problem occurs when I try to examine the properties of the gpx file on the Sportiva (when I transfer the file to my computer and examine it with CompgpsLand or simply with an editor everything looks fine).
    I select a track (Main menu-> Data -> Tracks and click on a track) and then click on the 'Track Properties' button at the bottom of the screen. Then if I examine the 'Altitudes' data, all the fields have zeros. If I click on the 'Track Graph' button (the one that looks like a mountain profile) I get the message 'No data on Y axis'. For tracks recorded in .trk format I don't have this problem.

I also have TwoNav (V2.6.3) on my iPhone and here everything works fine for .gpx files.

I hope this additional informaiton is helpful. Maybe I should just re-install TwoNav on my Sportiva, since it seems to be a problem with the display.

James

Predeterminado

Hi James,

i did an inhouse test with saving a track in GPX-format on the Sportiva. While recording and also after stopping triplog and reloading the file everything look fine to me.
    Maybe you should give the 2.6.1.A a try, as this contains some bugfixes.
    Another point is(although i think it's not the reason in this case) to allways keep in mind that there a values which are influenced by settings in "advanced settings"=>Minimun height to accumulate...;Minimum speed to ...
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

Predeterminado

Hello again Gert,

Thanks for continuing to try to help.

I upgraded to TwoNav 2.6.1.A and unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

I transferred the .gpx file (via my computer) to my iPhone running TwoNav 2.6.3 and the altitude data displays correctly. All the other information is identical on the Sportiva and the iPhone, except for anything involving altitude.

So it seems as if the TwoNav operating system is not causing the problem, nor the format of the file. So maybe there is an application that analyses the data which is corrupted on my Sportiva.

I did check the advanced options and they're identical on my Sportiva and iPhone.

Thanks again for trying to help. It looks as if I'll have to submit a ticket to Compegps support.

James

Predeterminado

Hello James,

ok, if you upload the file with the problems i will load it on to my Sportiva and will see...
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

Predeterminado

Hello again Gerd,

I've uploaded one of the problem files to:
    http://www.loveluck.net/tmp/2012-08-...-St-Michel.GPX

However, I'm pretty sure there's no problem with the file itself, since the altitude data does display correctly on my iPhone and with CompegpsLand.

Thanks for your continued interest in my problem.

James

Predeterminado

Hi James,
    sorry to say neither CGPSL nor my Sportiva has any problem to show the altitude informations in the track properties.

Have you tried to reset the Sportiva to factory settings?(you can backup your GPS.ini before doing that in massstorage mode)
    Última edición por papaluna; 03/08/2012 a las 17:10
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

Predeterminado

Hi Gerd,

Re-setting to default settings did the trick! Now I just have to figure out (by comparing the saved and new GPS.ini) which change of parameters caused the problem.

Thanks a lot for your perseverance in tracking down this problem,

James

Predeterminado

Hi Gerd,

It seems that the setting that was causing the problem was Settings > Navigation > Altitude
    Previously I had this set to 'Barometer (Autocalibrated by GPS)' but I had noticed that for some tracks datapoints for the first part of the track had incorrect altitudes recorded, so I switched to the 'GPS' setting, which uses the GPS data only for altitude measurements. I've now confirmed that this setting leads to the problem displaying altitude data on my Sportiva; with the 'Barometer (Autocalibrated by GPS)' or 'Barometer (Autocalibrated by CDEM)' settings the display works fine.

I consider this to be a bug, since:
    a) The problem arises only with the display of the altitude data, the altitudes are actually recorded correctly in the track file. It seems to me that the 'Altitude' setting should only affect the recording of altitude data and not the display.
    b) The problem concerns only tracks in GPX format, and not those in TRK format

I'd be interested to learn which setting you and other Sportiva users recommend for the 'Altitude' parameter. It seems strange that no-one else seems to have seen this problem before. At the moment I'm trying the 'Barometer (Autocalibrated by CDEM)' setting.

Thanks again for your help in resolving the problem,

James

Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo

Etiquetas para este tema