Resultados 1 al 7 de 7

Tema: Convert OpenAir file

Predeterminado Convert OpenAir file

Hello, I've a Twonav Aventura and I am a paraglider. I want to input in my Aventura the airspaces for France. I've the file .txt in OpenAir format but I don't arrive to import it in CompeGPS Land or Air and to convert it in .imp format ? Thanks to help me

Predeterminado

Hi,
    usually it's expected that you provide all informations which may be necessary for attempting to help you like Software versions, map source and so.
    Anyway, IMP-format is simply a kind of calibration file which needs any kind of image to show.
    Your OpenAIR files assuming you meant someone like this from HERE , are simple txt. files. So befor showing it on Aventura you have to convert it in a format which AVENTURA can show, like RMAP, ECW, MPVF...

CGPSLand/Air 7.5:
    Importing the OPENAIR file is simple:
    Menu>Map>open a map> than browse to the folder where you saved the file, change the typ-combobox ("any file typ") by scrolling down at the end of the box and select "OpenAir maps"
    (alternatively you can write "*.txt" in the name field + press ENTER and all *.txt will be shown)

If you have FULL Version(licence) of CGPSLand/Air you can save it to MPV format(vectorial format) for easier usage with CGPSLand/AIR.
    For usage on your AVENTURA you need to save it as MPVF. Unfortunately i found that there seems to be a BUG as the resulting map doesn't looks usuable to me.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

Hi, Thank you Gert for your answer. With your indications, no problem to open and see the Openair file in CompeGPS but the problem is in the conversion in MPVF format : after few seconds the software freeze with a popup window "Saving mpvf - Closing". Despite this the file is written (967 Ko), but if I open this file the map is white, empty. Could you upload this problem to CompeGPS ingeneers ? Regards Jean

Predeterminado

Hi Jean,
    i already reported(with all files) it to CompeTeam and waiting for reply.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

Predeterminado

Hi Gert, I've updated my CompeGPS Land from V 7.5 to V7.5.2 and retried to convert my openair txt file. I've always problems. When I want to convert directly the txt file to MPVF file, the software freeze (same as before). When I convert the txt file to MPV file first it works but the Aventura can 't read MPV files. So when I convert this new MPV file to MPVF file, it has worked only 1 time (freeze for the other times), I've obtained a MPVF of 6232 Ko but if I open it with CGPS Land (or Aventura), the half of the map is missing, I ve only many small black lines (see my PrintScreen file), not polygons. When I convert the MPV file to IMP file (2 Ko, very small) and put it in the Aventura, the Aventura refuse to open it : when I select the IMP file, It deselect it immediately. I hope these informations will help your team to fix the problems. Regards. Jean. [IMG]file:///d:/PrintScreen.jpg[/IMG]

Predeterminado

Dear Jean,

Cita Iniciado por JEANDEB Ver mensaje
    I hope these informations will help your team to fix the problems.
    I'm not an employee/member of CompeGPS Team SL. Just an ordinary user like you.
    Please report this issue to http://support.compegps.com/ ,too

I'm still waiting for reply to my report.

With 7.5.2 it's faulty too.

MPV-maps are for use in CGPSL only. You can't use it on Aventura.
    IMP is not a map, only a calibration file, a file which says the program how to deal with maps(bitmaps).

I assume it will needs some time to fix it. So i didn't expect a fix before 7.6(but not knowing). And this may take some months before it will be released.

Meanwhile, you could try to convert the openAir data into MP-format. This format can be imported and converted to MPFV.
    But this is not a 2click job. It needs a bit time and energy to do(e.g you may have to deal with commandline tools and so).
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

Predeterminado

Dear Gert, OK sorry for the mistake and thanks for your help. Regards