Resultados 1 al 2 de 2

Tema: How to calculate a route

Predeterminado How to calculate a route

Hi out there,

currently, I am evaluating most of the available route planning software for motor cycle tour planning. CompeGPS looks like a very goot shot with access to cheap OSM-Maps.

However, I am not able to calculate a route. I have successfully created a route on the map but it just shows the direct lines. CompeGPS does not "calculate" it, nor do I see the actual amount of kilometers etc. I have a activated the Basic-Version, however, still in evaluation-mode with access to extended functionality.

Do I need another software or module?

Is it possible to apply route calculation profiles like "car", "pedestrian" or "motor cyclist"?

Cheers
    Volker

Predeterminado

Hi Volker,
    y're welcome,
    Cita Iniciado por ritchie@gmx.de Ver mensaje
    Do I need another software or module?
    With full version it is possible to do some route calculation.
    But unfortunately it is in a very rudimentary state.
    In fact
    Cita Iniciado por ritchie@gmx.de Ver mensaje
    Is it possible to apply route calculation profiles like "car", "pedestrian" or "motor cyclist"?
    this is not possible actually.

The only thing you can do is to set point A + PointB and let it calculate by unknown values used for vehicle type, restrictions, preferences...

Anyway even for this you need a map which contains a routing network. Usually this are TomTom VMAPS.
    With Fullversion of Land you are able to create your own maps in MPFV format including routing information. But there may a limitation of the possible area covered by those maps, caused by time needed to generate it
    Here (http://www.garda-gps.de/dl_TN.html) is an example overlay map(only few polygons) to play with.

How to open the autom. navigation:
    1. zoom in very far > mouse right click >context menu Start simulation here opens index tab and fills the Startpoint> same for Endpoint > then press Simulate

2. If this index tab is open, you can use waypoints to drag and drop them on Start+Endpoint

3. you can add tool(Simulation) to open the index tab) by upper toolbar right mouse click>press on "customize" opens window> left side scroll down to"Simulation">choose with arrow in the middle>OK
    So if you now press the new icon in upper toolbar, the index tab is openend und you can drag+drop waypoints)
    Última edición por papaluna; 24/04/2013 a las 08:48
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav