Resultados 1 al 7 de 7

Tema: waypoints in GPX

Predeterminado waypoints in GPX

dear all,

i have just purchased a twonav sportiva 2 and i really believe it is the greatest sport gps ever.
    i love being able to save tracks in gpx format other than some fancy proprietary format.
    only, i'd like to save my waypoints in the same file as my track (points + line in the same gpx)
    or, at least save waypoints in another gpx file (no .wpt) so that i can open it directly in my gis.
    is it possible with this device?

Predeterminado

Hi Bronco,
    you're welcome,

First you have to mark your waypoints in *.wpt-Format file. Depending on your settings in advanced settings(waypoint file modes) e.g. set to Basic mode, this will be waypoints.wpt.
    What you can do is:
    - Enter waypointlist(Data>waypoints)
    - open the files contextual menu you wanna save as GPX e.g waypoints.wpt with long tap on it(alternatively you can open properties of the file with single tap-press than toolsbutton>File)
    - choose "file"
    - choose "save waypoints as"
    - change "type" by pressing on the small button to GPS exchange format(*.gpx)
    - change name + place,if you want.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

Dear Gert,

thank you for the hint
    let me explain a little further:
    i'm having some volunteers taking tracks of the trails in my zone, we use it for mapping.
    i have to collect tracks (and waypoints) from these people, work on them and obtain structured shapefiles to use with a pro GIS software.
    volunteers are not always very "computer literate" and i need an easy way to get them take tracks and waypoints to deliver to me.
    in sportiva2, tracks are named and filed by date, but waypoints are not.
    my "volunteers" should send me 1 track and 1 corresponding waypoint file everytime they survey a trail, the problem is that waypoints.wpt contains all waypoints ever collected, not only those that belong to a single track.
    what i need is an easy way to have 1 track and 1 (separated) waypoint file for each survey. can you help me?

Predeterminado

Hi Bronco,

i'm sorry but actually i don't have an idea but renaming the file along saving it as GPX.
    I'will think about if there any other solution.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

Predeterminado Crate a new waypoint file

Cita Iniciado por bronco Ver mensaje
    what i need is an easy way to have 1 track and 1 (separated) waypoint file for each survey. can you help me?
    Before each survey, create a new waypoint file and give it the wished name. The track name may also be renamed so as to have the same name for the track and waypoint.

R.Burnet

Predeterminado

Hi, Bronco
    Cita Iniciado por roland.burnet Ver mensaje
    Before each survey, create a new waypoint file and give it the wished name.
    if you do it like ROland sugggest, you have to ensure that this new file is set as active waypoint file("set file as active waypoints" in contextual menu) or use of adv. mode(first openend file is active waypoint file).
    But imo there is more risk that your volunteers are doing something wrong.
    So, "Save waypoints as" after the trip and than deleting the original file should be handable for them.

And if you don't trust:
    let them only do that "Save waypoints as" and keep the original file with all waypoints of all trip for security.
    In Compeland you can easily sort them by date a create separate files out of them or even can combine waypoint + tracks of a day into one gpx-file.
    Or are you working with dozen of device so this maybe to much work.?
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

Predeterminado

thank you for your response.
    i will not handle dozens of devices (they will be probably 4 or 5...), but i'd like volunteers to email me gpx and waypoints without the need to meet them everytime in person. i will prepare a step by step idiot proof guide to let them download tracks. they might use Land software, but they could also simply plug the device to the pc and send me tracklog + waypoints everytime. thank you