Resultados 1 al 2 de 2

Tema: Distances

Predeterminado Distances

Hello, i am confused over the distances i am seeing on my Aventura using 2Nav ver 3. On a trail that i have not imported a track to navigate from (in other words a free trail) at the end of my ride i see different distances recorded for the same route. On the home screen i see (in this instance) 28.43 mile, tracks list i see 29.13 mile, trip preview 33.18 on one screen and trip preview on another screen 30.04 mile. The documentation for ver 3 needs some work to help us understand exactly what relates to what.

Does (lets say) the 28.43 relate to a distance not accounting for geographical rise and fall but trip preview does? Its a little confusing and also if you have a training schedule or distance goal it's not easy to figure out if you have achieved that goal, gone over it (by almost as much as 5 mile) or not reached it yet? Could you please explain the difference in what i am seeing and what each distance relates to please?

Regards

Al

Predeterminado

Hello Al,

Cita Iniciado por asmiles Ver mensaje
    On a trail that i have not imported a track to navigate from (in other words a free trail)
    Sorry what do you meant? Y're doing a trip an record it => tracklog ?
    On the home screen i see (in this instance)
    Which page do you mean exactly?Map page, data pages, Trip review page.... .My Ultra doesn't have this "Home screen"page
    trip preview 33.18 on one screen and trip preview on another screen 30.04 mile.
    "on one screen" and "on another screen".
    Also here: which screens do you exactly mean
    The documentation for ver 3 needs some work to help us understand exactly what relates to what.
    Yes, i agree.

Within track files you can find a line with pre-calculated values. Those are influenced by min-values for speed and accum. altitude settings.
    We have to keep in mind, that those values are changed if we change min. value settings.
    Those values are read by system e.g. for 2dline data or properties.

Track list:
    For tracklist i noticed that while distance values remains same after opening of file, altitude values seems to be calculated.
    There are more or less small differences in accum. ascents/descents

Preview window:
    here it depends from the situation we are looking. If we are at beginning of the track the value will be the same.
    But if i'm off track, i will get different values. First it's the distance(with height) of track + distance(with height) to start.
    Some seconds later the distance(with height) to start is shown.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav