Resultados 1 al 7 de 7

Tema: Help with new Pin Mode TwoNav 3.1 Android

Predeterminado Help with new Pin Mode TwoNav 3.1 Android

Hello, I need some help with version 3.1 update for Android.
    The new pin mode, I do not see any options in the settings to change what information is displayed on the top of the screen about the point selected. The manual and what's new page show ability to have bearing, altitude, etc. but all I have is distance.

Bearing would be VERY helpful.

Thanks,

Drew Egerton
    Balloon pilot, North Carolina, USA

Predeterminado

Hello Drew,

For the moment (V3.1), it's not possible to have more options in pin mode than: Distance, altitude (with CDEM map). For the bearing, it's only (for the moment I hope) the little Arrow, given an approximative bearing.
    In this post (sorry, it's in french) I suggest to Florian (COMPEGPS ADMIN) to add bearing in degree just after the Arrow. Maybe for a 3.2 version???

http://forum.compegps.com/threads/14...massacre/page4

cheers
    stephane

Predeterminado

Stephane,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.
    Google translate is a wonderful thing, though not 100% accurate I am sure.

I was hoping that I was just missing a setting, because I have seen in the "What's New" and in the 3.1 Android manual the writing: The selected position will be marked on the map, a window displaying information related to that point will appear at the upper side of the application (name of the location/coordinates, bearing and distance to that point, altitude of the selected point...).

I guess what they refer to as bearing currently is just the little arrow that you mentioned. In ballooning, a few degrees is all the difference in the world, so I hope that the numberic degrees can be added in a future version. This was helpful as the previous 'HINT' function.

Soeaking of degrees....I sure wish that there was an option to use MAGNETIC bearing rather than true. We use a compass to look at winds and track objects, so true bearing is not very helpful. Automatic calculation would be ideal, but I am even willing to put it in manually if it will do the conversion.
    I saw this as a suggestion on the ideas page about 3 years ago maybe, marked as "Planned". Would love to see it!! I imagine hikers would find it useful as well. I know I have seen it as an option in Ozi Explorer.

Thanks again for your reply,

Drew

Predeterminado

Hi Drew,
    Cita Iniciado por Slowburnballoon Ver mensaje
    The new pin mode, I do not see any options in the settings to change what information is displayed on the top of the screen about the point selected. The manual and what's new page show ability to have bearing, altitude, etc. but all I have is distance.
    With 3.1 it's not possible to configure which values are shown.
    Per default you actually can see the relative bearing to go pointer, distance to object, and altitude if available(CDEM)
    I assume with one of the next versions, CompeGPS will bring back this option to configure values which we know from former versions.
    Soeaking of degrees....I sure wish that there was an option to use MAGNETIC bearing rather than true. We use a compass to look at winds and track objects, so true bearing is not very helpful. Automatic calculation would be ideal, but I am even willing to put it in manually if it will do the conversion.
    I saw this as a suggestion on the ideas page about 3 years ago maybe, marked as "Planned". Would love to see it!! I imagine hikers would find it useful as well.
    I agree that's a useful feature if you are acustomed to work with compass and papermaps or have the need for it.
    But i assume the truth is, that the majority of GPS-device users like hikers or cyclist, neither knew anything about declination nor using their GPS simply only as a compass or as compass+papermaps. Most of them simply following a track or route.
    So things like magnetic or true north doesn't interest them. In fact to find those options in settings, they may feel more confused about it than finding it helpful.
    That might be the reason why the priority to implement it seems to be very low.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por papaluna Ver mensaje

I agree that's a useful feature if you are acustomed to work with compass and papermaps or have the need for it.
    But i assume the truth is, that the majority of GPS-device users like hikers or cyclist, neither knew anything about declination nor using their GPS simply only as a compass or as compass+papermaps. Most of them simply following a track or route.
    So things like magnetic or true north doesn't interest them. In fact to find those options in settings, they may feel more confused about it than finding it helpful.
    That might be the reason why the priority to implement it seems to be very low.
    Hello Gert and thank you for replying.
    I received the same response from Thomas at Support regarding the bearing pointer on Pin mode. I will hope for a bearing number in the future as that is information that was available using 'hint' before. If 'hint' hadn't gone away, I would like pin mode a bit more. So far it is just a couple of extra steps to create and navigate to points.

I have another Android issue which is trying to key in the coordinates of a waypoint under properties. I put in some new numbers and when I click the check mark, the old numbers come back instead of the changes. The also happens with the waypoint name. I'm not sure if this is on all androids or just my specific devices but is quite the nuissance! It does eventually work but takes several tries. I am still experimenting with the method as it seems minimizing the keyboard and then clicking elsewhere in the numbers before clicking the check mark seems to help....sometimes.

I am surprised that you believe hikers do not need or want the magnetic setting. That may be true, probably more that they just don't know that they need it to have a compass be correct and just write it off as TwoNav being not as accurate.
    If you search 'magnetic' on the user's voice page, there is one from 2011. Please go vote for it!!!

Thanks again,

Drew

Predeterminado

Hi Drew,
    1'm sorry,
    I have another Android issue which is trying to key in the coordinates of a waypoint under properties. I put in some new numbers and when I click the check mark, the old numbers come back instead of the changes. The also happens with the waypoint name. I'm not sure if this is on all androids or just my specific devices but is quite the nuissance! It does eventually work but takes several tries. I am still experimenting with the method as it seems minimizing the keyboard and then clicking
    Unfortunately i do not have a Android device.
    Anyway i tried to reproduce it with my Sportiva/Ultra devicres. But i failed.

Do you have problems in Twonav with keyboard in general or only related to waypoints?

Just an idea:
    In Android version you may find:
    Settings>Full Settings>Advanced settings>virtual keyboard
    if so, do you have tested different settings?
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

Hi

I am also very disapointed with the low accuracy of Twonav navigation system, I do a lot of trip offroad in desert and I cannot navigate corectly with Twonav. It's incredible that on the map page you have only 4 fields of data, no bearing, no coordinates no map scale ??
    For exemple in Twonav Pin mode you don't have the bearing of the point you have selected ?? How is it possible ?? It's the "beba" of the navigation, you have only a poor arrow indicating the direction. What say also about the poor bearing design may be a toy for young childs !!!
    Now i prefer Navigate with Ozi Android witch offers a lot of posibilities to built your owner map pages with your preference that means that you can have many maps pages.
    Twonav should be have this posibility urgently because now it's impossible to navigate corectly and safely

Best regards

Etiquetas para este tema