Resultados 1 al 8 de 8

Tema: how to delete a trackpoint

Question how to delete a trackpoint

Version 3.1.1, new "pin mode":

Please, give me a step by step instruction (or a link to it) how to delete a trackpoint.
    Última edición por tom11; 16/08/2014 a las 22:01

Predeterminado

Hi Tom,

- open PIN MODE windows
    - point on the waypoint which you wanna delete e.g "WPT001"=> red pin on it and name in top bar
    - press top bar => unfolds "pull down" menu
    - press on button with waypoints name "WPT001" => unfolds "pull down" menu
    - press button "delete waypoint"
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

I mean trackpoints which are part of a track. For them, the procedure given does NOT work (with the term "waypoint" replaced by "trackpoint"). What is the correct series of steps? One should expect it in a manual on the innovative "pin method", I do not find, however.

Predeterminado

Oh, I got it.

1. Put mouse cursor onto a spot of the trackline you want to edit

2. Right click in order to trigger two events:
    a. nearby to cursor, a red pin appears
    b. on top of the window, a toolbar appears
    (substitute for a nearby context menu),
    showing the name of your track.

3. Click on the toolbar:
    A dropdown list with editing options will open.
    Within the list, find again the identical name of your track,
    but here with a different function
    (they don’t like the rule “different objects > different names”)

4. Click on the list item with the name of your track.
    A secondary dropdown list with editing options will open.

5. Within the submenu list,
    do not click on the item “edit trackpoint”,
    but do click on “edit track
    (though in truth they will let you edit only 1 particular point).
    Toolbar closes, track reappears,
    all trackpoints now marked with black dots,
    one trackpoint marked with a tiny black square.

6. How many points of your trackline you ever want to delete:
    use a magnifier,
    go to the dot with the black square,
    click on it.
    Do not perform any additional action.
    Do not care about the fine line attached to your mouse cursor,

7. Now it’s time again to cover large distances:
    Immediately move to the toolbar on top,
    click on the toolbar,
    discover the finally activated submenu item “delete trackpoint”,
    click on it.
    Halleluja, you performed the first deletion of 1 point in your track.

8. After a working day, make appointments with your optician, your orthopedist and your psychiatrist.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.
    Última edición por tom11; 17/08/2014 a las 09:58

Predeterminado

Hi Tom,
    sorry was a bit to late at night so that i red "waypoint" instead of "trackpoint".

some remarks.
    to 5.
    Editing trackpoint or track are different actions.
    Editing a trackpoint is designed to change the view of a single trackpoint, e.g to turn a trackpoint into a Roadbook-type Trackpoint,
    while track edition is to change the drawing of the track itself.

to 6.
    If long press on track highlight point with with square, the options to delete track point will not be offered.
    Starting this way only adding points or moving is possible. With a tap on white square it can be turned into black.
    Than after pressing "Edit the track" the track point deleting option is available.

From on deleting trackpoints goes on from white square marked point towards the end of track.
    So, once the actual marked point is deleted, the next is marked and ready to be deleted(if you want).
    White square marks the actual point from where all actions(moving, inserting points, deleting) starts.
    Once a point is marked with white square you can:
    upper bar=>pulldown menu=>Delete point. Afterwards the next point is white square marked and so on....

As long as i do not wanna delete dozen of points, i can do that very quick.
    For larger portion of tracks it is recommended to use segmentation of track and deleting resulting segments.
    But please keep in mind that Twonav is not designed as a Trip planning tool. Surely you can draw routes and tracks but this is no replacement for dedicated planning software like CompeGPS Land/AIR.

Deleting bigger portion of track points via Laps/Segment options.
    (hint window already open)
    - tap on start point from section you want to delete
    - tap upper bar
    - tap button with track name
    - tap on "LAPS" button
    - tap on "Change of lap here"
    - now same for end point of section
    - than tap on the section
    - tap upper bar
    - tap button with track name
    - tap on "LAPS" button
    - tap on "Delete this Lap"
    Última edición por papaluna; 18/08/2014 a las 14:51 Razón: correction
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

Predeterminado

Thanks for confirming the repeated switches forth and back between the main pane and the toolbar submenus, and for confirming the restrictions under which deletion of a trackpoint only gets availaible. This is the most tricky and counter-intuitive part of the procedure in version 3 after abolishment of an easy and familiar context menu. Maybe Mac users feel different, but sorry, here we are on Windows! Of course, you may get more routined by practising after you finally looked through the fog.

Remains the increase of distances for the mouse cursor to be covered now. Top of the folly is that the back arrow for leaving the pin menu is on the opposite edge: at the bottom of the window. Hey, I did not want a software for hand jogging!

Good advice what you are explaining on the treatment of segments. Thank you so much! I guess, however, that I will go back to the freeware "gpx editor". I frankly confess that I continue to use Twonav only because it enables me to use IGN maps on my mobile, when I am hiking in France. (In the Alps, I am anyway using DAV maps by the different app of apemaps).
    Última edición por tom11; 19/08/2014 a las 13:39

Predeterminado

Thanks Papaluna for the solution.

I supose it must be a bug that there are two track edition modes (!?) and the specific mode for a single point only starts when the point is not specifically selected (!!!!?????).

Still waiting for a release to solve this bug, the toolbar for simulation mode, suspected problems with GPS position, turning the map involuntarily when you zoom using two fingers, no way of hiding or changing size of roadbook labels, free navigation that doesn't turn GPS on...

Unfortunately I know from experience that they ignore the bugs notified by users opening tickets.

Is great that at least we users share workarounds for the bugs.

Regards
    Manel
    Twonav premium 3.3.4 sobre Iphone 5C IOS 9.3.2
    Land 8.0.3 sobre Ubuntu 14.04 64 bits & wine

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por ManelG Ver mensaje
    I supose it must be a bug that there are two track edition modes (!?)
    No, it isn't a bug. These are 2 modes, one for editing a track, one for editing a specific tackpoints properties, e.g for turning him into a roadbookpunkt.
    and the specific mode for a single point only starts when the point is not specifically selected (!!!!?????).
    May be i didn't understood you well enough, but i can change properties of a specific track point even if i start the mode with long press on a specific point.
    But in fact, the behaviour for black/square marks in relation with trackediting looks like a bug.
    Also the fact that beeing in track edition mode and than long click on a specific point allows me one time to change the properties of that point but totally suspends pin-mode from working.
    I have to exit pin-mode and restart it.

And again, this possiblity for edtiing tracks is not dsigned as replacement for any real track edition software.
    May be in future versions, i could imagine a real enhencement of that tool, although that's not on top off my private feature list.
    So for the moment, it would be enough to fix the small issuses with it.

Unfortunately I know from experience that they ignore the bugs notified by users opening tickets.
    Sorry, that not my experience with this.
    Yes, sometimes, by any reason(holidays ...) it may need some time for replying. And sometimes, waiting in my personal small bubble, i might be feeling i'm waiting to long for a reply.
    But bugs will be organized in priority categories. And your rating might be not the same as that of other users. For example a Sportiva might agree with you regarding toolbar simulations buttons, but doesn't care for 2 cent of your two finger gesture problem.
    And CompeGPS Team may have their own rating.
    At least fixing issues needs a lot of time/mampower. Sometimes it may get fast, sometimes it even may need months.
    And i'm sure that if there would be the possiblity that they can fix all bugs right now, up to tomorrow, they are the first to do.
    Última edición por papaluna; 25/08/2014 a las 09:08
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert