Resultados 1 al 5 de 5

Tema: No useful topo for Spain?

Predeterminado No useful topo for Spain?

Hi!
    I'm currently in the Pyrenees for mountaineering. I bought the Topo Spain (RTMAP) and I found, it's not very accurate. Many trails are not shown in the map and others are completely wrong, even parts of the GR11.
    Then I have the OSM-map, which is named something like *15q2* and probably it means it's from 2015, wich also means very outdated. Many lakes are not in that map and many trails are also missing. I use that maps in Land8, on Anima+ and TwoNav for Android, better said: I would like to use, but they are useless in the region I'm currently used to be.

On current OSM-maps all that stuff is shown properly. Also the world-base-map which can be used online in Land and Android looks great and has that tracks, but I don't have Internet in the mountains and the Anima+ can't even show that maps.

So, it's disappointing, that there's no accurate topo for Anima+ in the land it's made in.

Predeterminado

Hi,

i don't know what version of LAND you own.
    But in general:
    Online maps on ANIMA:
    - with LAND you can create raster type maps from source of shown online maps ( should be possible with Standard version- not sure)

vectorial maps
    - with Full version of LAND(premium) you can create maps based on *.osm data files.
    there are some limitations in area size e.g. by the equipement you have(cpu, ram)
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

The best combination is showing at the same time a map from OSM (pretty updated but incomplete) and a map from the Instituto Geografico Nacional (pretty complete but outdated).

You can do that mixing the OSM map for Spain and the "España topo mosaico (IGN España)" that you can buy at the CompeGPS map shop. Or using the TopoHispania map (based on IGN sources) that you can find here: http://www.elgps.com/foroGPS/viewforum.php?f=35 (you have to register to download maps).

Once that you have both maps you can customize the colors, zooms, etc modifying the .clay files of them.

I also encourage you to add to the OSM master database important geographical features that you know and are missing in the OSM map. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main_Page
    Última edición por ManelG; 08/08/2016 a las 14:56

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por papaluna Ver mensaje
    i don't know what version of LAND you own.
    But in general:
    Online maps on ANIMA:
    - with LAND you can create raster type maps from source of shown online maps ( should be possible with Standard version- not sure)
    I bought Land, there's only Land, no premium version, as far as I've seen.

I've tried that, the result did look awful. I tried it again, with a usable larger part, it took ages and did than quit, because it went out of disc space, although there were a few hundred GB available on the drive D: where user-documents is. Drive C: is quite full anyway.

Cita Iniciado por papaluna Ver mensaje
    vectorial maps
    - with Full version of LAND(premium) you can create maps based on *.osm data files.
    there are some limitations in area size e.g. by the equipement you have(cpu, ram)
    If tried to open the current OSM map for spain (14 GB). Land showed runtime error after a while.

Cita Iniciado por ManelG Ver mensaje
    The best combination is showing at the same time a map from OSM (pretty updated but incomplete) and a map from the Instituto Geografico Nacional (pretty complete but outdated).
    The IGN map is not complete and not accurate. Also the OSM map from 2015 is not complete. The current OSM-map was quite complete for e.g. the valley of Pineta.

Cita Iniciado por ManelG Ver mensaje
    I also encourage you to add to the OSM master database important geographical features that you know and are missing in the OSM map. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main_Page
    Already there in that special case, e.g. Pineta valley

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por Lenz Moser Ver mensaje
    I've tried that, the result did look awful.
    Which maps?
    In general this depends on the quality of the maps itself.
    I tried it again, with a usable larger part, it took ages and did than quit, because it went out of disc space, although there were a few hundred GB available on the drive
    Yes ,this can really take a lot of time. Especially if you try to generate maps of bigger regions.
    The best way to deal with it, is to create maps only for the regions you really wanna visit.

Really "Out of diskspace" not "out of memory"? May be you should submit a ticket to Compegps support
    If tried to open the current OSM map for spain (14 GB). Land showed runtime error after a while.
    I can confirm this.

I assume it's cause of restriction in OS type and RAM.
    I assume LAND needs a available free RAM > size of import file.
    Therefore it isn't possible to import a complete country, as 32bit only allows to use a maximum Ram < ~4Gb.

I have reported it to CompeGPS Team
    Última edición por papaluna; 15/08/2016 a las 14:14 Razón: spelling
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav