Resultados 1 al 5 de 5

Tema: Nonsense for "Estimated time to destination"

Predeterminado Nonsense for "Estimated time to destination"

As one can see in the attached photo, the estimated time was totally crap and that wasn't the first time, it did like that. On the next day it looked fine again.

Known problem? The firmware is 3.3.4, which is currently the latest.

I followed the attached track in the right direction. The photo was made near track point 90, with 2.1km left of walking to the destination.

The btrk-file is my log file with more than 18.000 track points! (I hope, there will be some more "intelligent" algorithm in future, which writes less data, without missing any significant turn.)
    Imágenes adjuntadas Imágenes adjuntadas
    Archivos adjuntados Archivos adjuntados

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por Lenz Moser Ver mensaje
    As one can see in the attached photo, the estimated time was totally crap and that wasn't the first time, it did like that. On the next day it looked fine again.
    Known problem? The firmware is 3.3.4, which is currently the latest.
    AFAIK it's not a bug, it's simply like the the calculation routine is working.
    Calculation is done permanently.
    Therefore, depending on your setting, the value of ETA increases very fast to those incredible values, if you where standing instead of moving.
    The btrk-file is my log file with more than 18.000 track points! (I hope, there will be some more "intelligent" algorithm in future, which writes less data, without missing any significant turn.)
    I totally agree that there exist better algorithm for that.( e.g. my old Garmin Gps60 csx had a much better one).
    The TN algorithm wasn't good because it records to much for curves and to less for more or less straight sections.
    Unfortunately, since 1/2 years!? it is fully broken as automatic mode seems to be same like setting it to 1 sec record intervall.
    It had been reported severall times but for CompeGPSTeam this issue seems to have a very very low priority.

However,

1 sec record intervall doesn't make any sense to me.
    It only give you the illusion of more accuracy, nothing more.
    Usually i use 3sec for cycling and 5m for hiking. In your example(~15km) that would result in ~3000 points.
    I reduced your track to 3000 point and can't see any significant unaccuracy compared to the 18.000 points of your original track.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por papaluna Ver mensaje
    AFAIK it's not a bug, it's simply like the the calculation routine is working.
    Calculation is done permanently.
    You can't be serious. There's 2.1 km left, my average speed so far is 3.6 km/h and the "calculation routine" tells me, I will still have to walk for about 8.5 years? It did show that ridiculous value also, while I was walking.

3.6 km/h is very simple, it means 2.1 km will last 2100 seconds, which would have been 35 minutes left.

My Garmin Etrex Vista, which I still own, is pretty accurate at this and the Etrex Legend, I used before also.

And it's in fact pretty simple to calculate. Just use the average speed of movement and if the movement stops, add every single second while standing, to the calculated time.

Unfortunately, friends who walked up the direct path to the refugio, where already there, saw us coming and had already ordered a beer for me. So I forgot to check that value at the target point.

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por papaluna Ver mensaje
    I reduced your track to 3000 point and can't see any significant unaccuracy compared to the 18.000 points of your original track.
    I didn't notice, that the automatic mode just records every second. 3 seconds would be sure enough. I wouldn't care, but Adobe Lightroom is very slow in reading that huge log files.

Predeterminado

You can't be serious. There's 2.1 km left, my average speed so far is 3.6 km/h and the "calculation routine" tells me, I will still have to walk for about 8.5 years? It did show that ridiculous value also, while I was walking.
    3.6 km/h is very simple, it means 2.1 km will last 2100 seconds, which would have been 35 minutes left.
    Fore sure,
    ok i really don't know how these programs doing their calculations exactly, but
    afaik those programs contain different parts for each part of calculation. So, in pratice there are running different threads parallel doing their calculations.
    They have to interchange or not, and all has to be done with less consumption of energy...
    Not so easy to bring this all together.

However, depending on settings for calculation,( track speed/autoroute, mean speed by...) most of the time i got very useful values.
    In general i use setting mean speed = last 10 min. Settings like actual speed, lat 10 secs or last minute increases the probability for such bogus values you have shown.

My Garmin Etrex Vista, which I still own, is pretty accurate at this and the Etrex Legend, I used before also.
    My Garmin gspmap 60csx only produced rubbish. And the Oregon 650 i tested doesn't seems better as this part.
    This is caused by the fact that Garmin afaik only uses fixed mean speed values.
    May be for walking/hiking in general this has not so dramatic effect, but for cycling it makes this calculation fully unusable.
    Here Twonav is definitely better,if you made correct settings.
    With this, also while hiking i got really useful values.

And it's in fact pretty simple to calculate. Just use the average speed of movement and if the movement stops, add every single second while standing, to the calculated time.
    Only on a simple point of view.
    Using a GPS, calucalation of position, speed, what is a stop, what is movement is a little bit more complicate.

P.D
    automatic record mode
    since ~ 2014 the ~1sec bug exist
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav