Resultados 1 al 8 de 8

Tema: Waypoint proximity alarm?

Predeterminado Waypoint proximity alarm?

Hi All!
    First compliments to CompeGPS team for making really
    VERY GOOD software tools! Nice to use them to ride with my bike around the Alps!

I have only a suggestion for future releases of CompeGPS pocket and mobile: Is possible to give to the users the option to associate the play of a wav file or a sound to waypoints proximity? Very useful during bike riding!!! Thank's and regards from Italy.

Predeterminado

This function is allready implemented...

You could associate a WAV, JPG, MP3, or some file you want, and when you will be close, it open the application associated with this file.

You must check the configuration on file->options->waypoints, and associate the file on the waypoint...

Best regards...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

GREAT! Thank's for your answer, it's a nice option, I will try it during the next bike ride! Thank's a lot!

Predeterminado location associated files (for use in both Land and Pocket)

What should the location of the associated files be in order for me to use the associated files in both compeGPS Land and in compeGPS Pocket?

I created a large waypoints file with speed cameras and have associated different files (warnings: sound & picture) with them.
    I have created a directory \associated under the program, but the problem is probably that on the PC the associated files will be in c:\Program Files\compeGPS\associated whereas on the Pocket PC they will be in \Program Files\compePocket\associated, which is slightly different.

How is this best done, keeping in mind that I want to (batch)edit the waypoints on the PC (as this is not possible on the Pocket PC) and use them (including the warnings/associated files) again on the Pocket PC.

Thaks in advance for your help!

Predeterminado in root does not work either

Putting the files in a directory in the root of either PC (c:\compe-associated\) or Pocket PC (\compe-associated\) does not work either.
    The Pocket PC version still can't find the files associated on the compeGPS Land (PC) version...

When I associate files directly on the Pocket PC or on the PC, they do work locally...

Any help is welcome!
    Thanks!

P.S. when does an associated picture dissappear?
    It seems to stay they until I tap on it...

Predeterminado

If you open the WPT file with a TXT editor, you could find the path of the associate file. If you have created it from PC, the path would be something like "C:\....", and the PDA doesn't have C:.

It's very easy to solve this problem.

1º) Make a folder on your PC where you put your associated files (for example C:\Associated_files).
    2º) Manage your waypoints and associated files from your PC and save your WPT file.
    3º) Open the WPT file with a TXT editor and search&replace C:\ to \ and save it and upload it to your PDA
    4º) Put all your associated files on your PDA under \Associated_files folder

Good Luck!

Predeterminado

Thanks, excellent idea, tried it and it worked.

Is it however possible to implement in a next version of Land and Pocket that the waypoints and other files can be used without this workaround?
    E.g. in OziExplorer my waypoints with sound/alarm would simply work on the PC and Pocket PC without needing anu conversion...
    Ozi puts the soundfiles in the root: on PC c:\oziexplorer\soundfiles and on the Pocket PC in \oziexplorer\soundfiles.
    The program somehow reads "c:\" (on PC) in the same way as "\" (on the Pocket PC). You could then use the waypointfiles with alarm on both PC and Pocket PC without having to do any conversion...

(it seems a nice way for you to "lockiin" customers as people would be inclined to buy both versions (Land and Pocket PC)...)

Predeterminado

I agree too with this suggestion...