Resultados 1 al 6 de 6

Tema: Can AIR import Ozi Explorer 3D maps?

Predeterminado Can AIR import Ozi Explorer 3D maps?

I was wondering if anyone has any info on who or where there might be a utility (or is it necessary?) to convert OE3D maps(*.3d1) to a format CompeGPS can read/use.

Being a newbie this stuff it seems a lttle over my head at the moment and I was disappointed I couldn't get the 3D maps to run. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and it can read the maps, anyone out there have any ideas?

The OE 2D maps are fine.
    It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill.
    -Wilbur Wright

Predeterminado

Quickest way to get 3d is to open your 2d map and then click on the 3d landscapes button scroll down to download internet landscape for this area ,select 90m X 90m .
    Compegps will then download height data for your map and ask for a filename to save .Once you have done all that click on the 3d button and you should get 3d.
    cheers Rod

Predeterminado

Thanks Rod,

I'll give it a try. The more I played with this today the better understanding I had of the magnitude of what I was expecting it to accomplish. I'll soldier on.....Pouring rain here and blowing like stink
    -Wilbur Wright

Predeterminado

Thanks Rod,

Your suggestion made the light dawn just a little brighter. I did as you suggested and it worked just fine, at least all those weird blue "lakes" disappeared under the map overlay.

What I was hoping for was more accuracy. I'll try and d/l and apply the data from our government site to get even better elevation data (I think it's better, for use with 1:20 000 maps) and see if I can import that, which is what I really wanted.

If I'm understanding this correctly I need the same data in Compegps as I imported to OE3D. And like OE3D I need to apply it in the appropriate data file for it to run. My assumption was Compegps would transfer all my OE3D maps and required DEM data, maybe one day...

I was delighted to play with all this at work last night and elated at the pilot's view of my test flight (which I discovered by accident when I was framing the shot and ran the scroll button forward all the way). Despite the poor flying site graphics (a ridge soaring site at 65'-300'ASL blurry because of magnification) the far mountains were very good and I did a helicopter flight over to them and ran the valleys and passes, just excellent.

Thanks again for the help, I've found this program well exceeded my expectations last night. The next 5 years ought to be interesting if they continue to develop and take advantage of graphics and card improvements.

The winds have dropped down to about 15knts so I'm off to see what I can do...
    -Wilbur Wright

Predeterminado

Okay, I'm getting to understand all this better each day. The data I want to use is from (http://www.geobase.ca/geobase/en/), and it is for 1:50 000 digital maps here in Canada (works with my 1:20 000 maps very well) which delivers .75 to 3 arc/sec DEM data. What I couldn't do last night was to get CompeGPS to read the files, so now I'm looking to see if there is some kind of utility or way of getting this program to read that data.

I had a request in to support that I posted late last Friday, and they answered promptly this morning (Monday). As I was unclear how all this worked I'll get back to support with perhaps more informed questions.

Later........
    -Wilbur Wright

Predeterminado

This is the follow up of my e-mail to support.

Hi,

CompeGPS was unable to open dem in the USGS format.
    But this days, after receiving your email, I decided to make a reader
    of this format, and now it is finally working.

So, to open your canada maps, you will only need:

1. Copy to the compegps folder the dll file I send you in
    this email: CompePlugIn_DEM_USGS.dll

2. Start CompeGPS

3. Select 'Landscape > Open Landscape'
    And just select your desired dem file.

I recomend you to save landscapes into the
    compegps cdem format, because it is faster to load in
    the future. (usgs files load very slowly).

Please tell me it it works,

Best Regards,
    Ivan Twose

I have downloaded the file but the breeze is picking up so I'm off to fly and will post further on how it works.

For those that have had trouble getting answers all I can say is the support group here has been just excellent for me.

I also had trouble getting v.6.0 to download, sent an e-mail about it, and got a reply this morning saying that the server problem was fixed. It downloaded as expected and is now installed.

Good work by the support staff, and Ivan in particular, for keeping me informed. It sure is gratifying when it all works as well as this.
    -Wilbur Wright