Resultados 1 al 5 de 5

Tema: adding icons to zipped symbol files (new in version 2.7)

Predeterminado adding icons to zipped symbol files (new in version 2.7)

In the pre 2.7 version I could simply add icons to the moving map and/or garmin symbols and use/display them on the map.
    Now that these directories are zipped in version 2.7 there is a bit of a problem...
    I have tried adding the symbols to the existing zip file (with the proprietary WM6 compression program) but the files are not accepted by compeGPS Pocket Land, i.e. compeGPS Pocket Land won't display the new added symbols. I've tried the different compression options (fast, slow, no etc.), but that does not help.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Predeterminado resolved!!

Had a closer look and apparently the program zipped the whole directory rather then the individual files.
    Unzipping such file made compePocket find the directory e.g. \garmin\ rather then the *.bmp files directly...

Predeterminado

That's it!!...

Thanks for the trick.

Best regards... :wink:
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado still trouble with moving map symbols/icons...

The trick works OK for e.g. the garmin symbols, they are now beautifully shown during navigation, but the movingmap symbols seem to be another story...

I added some icons containing a *.bmp of my car, but when selecting one for display in the moving map options, and starting movingmap navigation, the screen does not display the icon (or any other). The screen however does show the speed, altitude etc., but no icon and the map does not move (with/during navigation) either...
    Funnily the icon of the car is displayed when playing a track (View > Animation)
    Note that all my own created icons for the moving map were perfectly working under the previous version 2.61 when I simply put the *bmp files under the movingmap directory under symbols...

Any suggestions?

Predeterminado

What are the requirements for .bmp files?
    Can you use 24 bit or is that too much etc?
    Thanks for any suggestions.