Resultados 1 al 8 de 8

Tema: Aventura - first impressions

Predeterminado Aventura - first impressions

Hi all, here are my first impressions, i will add ideas when i will have time to test the device, now i have tested it only for some minutes.

PRO
    Good pakaging, good shipment,good standard included accessories.
    Very good speed, zoom etc. Aventura has a very good "response".
    Good screen visibility also under the sun.
    Good idea the 2 hold function (hold with screen on, and hold with screen off)
    The battery seems to have a very big life
    Good "in hand" feeling.
    Good pencil holding, i think impossible to lose.

CONS
    - The voice volume and also the voice quality in on-road navigation is very very far from other on-road device (tested yesterday vs my TomTom 930T). So far that i think my unit could have some problem.

To be continued

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por Tato Ver mensaje
    CONS
    - The voice volume and also the voice quality in on-road navigation is very very far from other on-road device (tested yesterday vs my TomTom 930T). So far that i think my unit could have some problem.
    Is not only your unit... This will be fixed by soft on next releases...

Best regards...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

This is a very good info !!!

Predeterminado

I agree,

I've been using a 60csx for the last years, and the most imprssive feature I found is the esay and fast way Aventura can browse your maps.

Pan (jostick) an zoom (+/- keys) are excelent, I been navigating along the included topo mpvf map and a big (1.5Gb) 1m resolution orthophoto in ecw format, with no appreciable delay for refreshing, nothing to do with the slow 60csx.

I only miss a good compiler to produce vector maps for this unit. Until then my old 60csx will have to keep on dealing with the cold, the fog, the rain and the sun (no so probable) of the Asturias mountains. But now it is not alone.
    Última edición por pepin; 12/06/2009 a las 16:28

Predeterminado I just got my Aventura too!!!

I am also upgrading from a 60Csx and I am quite impressed with it. I just wish CompeGPS would sell maps for the US. I have accessed the Terra Server Maps on CompeGPS Air but based on the type of map I don't believe these maps can be uploaded to my Aventura.

I will be using the Aventura for mostly for paragliding. I do travel to Europe, especially Spain often and I will for sure enjoy using the Aventura there this Fall. In the meantime, I wish there was way to obtain some US maps so I can use the Aventura for flying here in the US as well.

Maybe someone here could help with some suggestions...

Thanks a lot

Predeterminado

Hi Tato and pepin, thanks for you posts

Can you please describe the differences between the Aventura and your 60CSx.
    - Display with Backlight on/off
    - battery lifetime (typical, and also lifetime with permanent 100% backlight on)
    - receiving quality (may some tracks of both devices of the same trip would be nice)

Ray
    www.melibokus-biker.de
    Anima+ 3.3.4, , Samsung S5 with TwoNav Android 3.3.4
    (old devices Aventura W.E. 3.1/OS 1.3.60R, Sportiva+ 3.0/OS 2.2.1, Garmin 60CSx, Magellan Meridian Platinum)
    CompeGPS Land 8.1.1 & 7.7.* (Win & Mac) running on Mac OS X using a virtual machine for Win XP
    dt. TwoNav-SubForum im Naviboard
    Perl-Script gpsconv.pl a Converter for Tracks and Waypoints (e.g. GPX, KML and CompeGPS, ...)

Predeterminado

Hi, i had the 60csx and now i have the colorado300 so i can tell you something also for the colorado.
    - Display i will say something this evening, i want to see the gps one near the other one before to reply.
    - battery life, i used 60csx and colorado300 in some 24h race so i know the 60 csx need only 2 set of AA battery (2200mah), the colorado need more, 3 set of the same bettery. I have not jet tested the aventura in a 24h race but i think the battery will be the best in these three gps (if you know the aventura is like a pda you know this is a very good result). I suppose for a 24h race i need only the original battery (i am also sure i will buy 1 for backup )
    - receiving quality, 60csx and colorado have very good antenna, indoor in my house the garmin units have some problem fixing sats but outdoor never had a problem. Aventurta at the first cold start indoor fixed satellite in 5 seconds (impressive) so i think it is more good. Outdoor only one problem yesterday but i think is not a permanent problem, may be a "2 minutes error".
    Última edición por Tato; 15/06/2009 a las 15:38

Predeterminado

Visibility in a sunny day (the most apealling situation for a display) is good enough. Of course visibility of a device with no tactile screen will always be better, at least with the current development of tactile technology. But a tactile screen has many advantages I don't want to resign.

A fair comparation of displays would be Aventura vs Oregon, but I don't own this last device.

Track accuracy seems similar to 60csx, but I have to do more tests. Aventura seem to need some extra adjustements in the Z coordinate recording, to better integrate the barometer with the gps. They are expected for the next release of the sofware.