Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 14

Tema: Aventura with 3D compass in the future?

Predeterminado Aventura with 3D compass in the future?

Currently the Aventura has only a 2D compass

Is there any plan to release a model with a 3D-compass?

There are a lot of situations where it is not possible to held the unit in a horizontal position (paragliding, boat, mountain ...). Therefore a 3D-compass like the Garmin Oregon 5xx would be great. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=26875

Predeterminado

Same question from my side. I was a bit surprised to see only a 2D compass - the next iPhone should as well have a 3D one so I thought 3D is now state of the art.

But I guess if product management announces a 3D compass they will not be able to sell the current Aventura.

Regards,
    Thomas

Predeterminado

I would like to know, why they did not use a 3D

Predeterminado

push up

Predeterminado

This seems to be a theme that does not like to be discussed official in the forum.
    So if a moderator could send me a PN that answers my question - i would be great - thank you!

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por freeday Ver mensaje
    This seems to be a theme that does not like to be discussed official in the forum.
    So if a moderator could send me a PN that answers my question - i would be great - thank you!
    A private message is not necessary. Personally I have not answered because I don't know it. You should ask in marketing at compegps dot com or send a PM to Pascal, that is a CompeTeam member.

Regards...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

>>...A private message is not necessary.
    >>...or send a PM to Pascal

Thats really funny - thank you

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por freeday Ver mensaje
    >>...A private message is not necessary.
    >>...or send a PM to Pascal

Thats really funny - thank you
    Pascal is not a Moderator, is a CompeTeam Member. Moderators are users like you (and me)...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

Ok I already reply you privately and I will do it here also.
    No plan for 3D compass yet. It adds cost and complexity that was not needed for our point of view.
    Personnaly, I use compass only if I don't move (if I move the GPS bearing is better) and to know exactly where I am and my environment. For this it is far better to use the device horizontaly.
    As you may know, CompeGPS has started with paragliding SW and we are still heavily present in this community and our designer is still in top10/5 of Spanish championship...We did not see the advange of 3D here: the device is quite horizontal and in anycase, the GPS bearing is better while moving.

Just to add, that as said by CpA, this forum is not moderated by CompeGPS team member. We like the idea that moderators of our forum are users of our products, nothing more. So I am passing here from time to time nothing more, but always happy to discuss in direct with customers...more company should do that

Predeterminado

Hello Pascal!

The aventura could also be a great unit, not only for paragliding.

Please remember the speed during hiking/snowshoeing under deep snow or moving (by foot) in the mountains (natural surface aside a track) or rain forest (aside a track).
    There your speed might be under 2-3 km/h - but compass-position from gps works only fine over 4-5 km/h or faster.

Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo