Resultados 1 al 5 de 5

Tema: Aventura Platform facts: WAAS/EGNOS, IPX7, ...

Predeterminado Aventura Platform facts: WAAS/EGNOS, IPX7, ...

Hi CompeGPS-Team,

I miss a lot of precise information regarding the characteristics/specification of the Aventura.

Can you give the community more info
    - why Aventura is "rainproof", but not specified as IPX7?
    - WAAS/EGNOS supported?

Thanks a lot...
    Arnd
    Aventura 2.5 (OS 1.3.59.R ), TTQV4-ST, CompeGPSLand 7.0 Licensed
    OSM & Linux appreciated.

Predeterminado

I guess is not IPX7.
    and Yes, is WAAS/Egnos supported by default. Is not possible to disable it (yet).
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

Hi, because nobody responded, I'll try (I'm a long time Garmin 60 CS and 60 CSX user, more than 6 years now).
    Cita Iniciado por tv-arnd Ver mensaje
    - WAAS/EGNOS supported?
    WAAS/Egnos does not buy one anything on a land navigation unit. I have it always turned off on my 60 CSX (therefore I don't care if my Aventura supports it or not). The position from the Sirf receiver is more than precise enough for all navigation purposes of a hand unit, and WAAS/Egnos was designed for big vessels or airplane navigation with a clear view to the equator anchored WAAS satellites (which one does usually not have in a city or in the mountains).
    So Waas/Egnos support for hand GPS units is just a marketing gag, but nothing of value.
    - why Aventura is "rainproof", but not specified as IPX7?
    No idea.
    I just can tell you my experience: As you possibly heard, in Austria we had a lot of rain and floods in the last week.
    I was out there for some tests with my Aventura, and carried it through the rain for some hours, used the keys and the touchscreen.
    It still works today.
    O.K., I didn't throw it into a puddle to bath it for minutes, but I also never did that with my CSX, and don't have the intention to do so.

I'm currently testing the Aventura intensively against my CSX, and finished first the car navigation test.
    Here the Aventura came out a LOT better, but that was no surprise, and for me is not so important.
    Now I'm starting the outdoor test, and this is more complicated and will last longer, so I can't say anything now.
    Cheers, bp

Predeterminado

Hi All,

thanks a lot to you. An official statement regarding IPxx would be welcome as well.

@bp, I think many people would be interested in your reports for car + outdoor navigation (esp. in the non-Spanish domain)

Best wishes
    Arnd
    Aventura 2.5 (OS 1.3.59.R ), TTQV4-ST, CompeGPSLand 7.0 Licensed
    OSM & Linux appreciated.

Predeterminado

@bp, I think many people would be interested in your reports for car + outdoor navigation (esp. in the non-Spanish domain)
    I'll post a report in www.naviuser.at when I finished the test. But this may still last a few weeks.<br>
    I'll also add the report in english there behind the german version.