Página 1 de 3 123 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 22

Tema: Wishes for the next release:

Predeterminado Wishes for the next release:

Hello compegps,

wishes for the next realise:

the temperatures in the track log (the same as Joern)

a new button : show only maps (without strips up and down)

off-topic:
    I am happy with the Aventura. Thanks for the unit. Here a screen:
    GE+West-Europa+Overlay MPVF from mp Garmin Dv2 (Way+W-Way)
    Servus
    Gerd
    Aventura - Sportiva - Samsung Q1+PPC TwoNav - GPSMAP 60 csx - TTQV 5/4 PU - Globalmapper - CGPSL - W7/64pro -

Predeterminado

Got my Aventura just yesterday. So please forgive me in case I did overlook some features already built in. Took the Aventura for the first field trip today, a geocaching trip to be precise. Worked quite well considering the fact the Aventura isn't specifically designed for geocaching . Nevertheless, some (minor?) improvements I would suggest:

I created a WPT file with a couple of very simple, so called "Traditional" caches. Usually I work with OziExplorer on my PC, so I was very pleased to see Aventura reads basic data from Ozi WPT without format conversion - great! I did, however, transform my Ozi File through CompeGPS Land Basic to see what's really possible in waypoint management. I did e.g. change the icon for every waypoint to "closed box". To my surprise Aventura ignored the icon from CompeGPS WPT file. Simple reason: The symbols you can choose in CompeGPS Land are stored in a file called default.zip. Aventura, too, uses the bitmap symbols from a default.zip. The BMP files in CompeGPS Land and Aventura default.zip are not all the same, however. In my case copying the "closed box.bmp" to Aventura's default.zip did the trick. Maybe it would be a good idea to keep those icon BMPs sync.

CompeGPS WPT file format allows to include a not that short description text - great for geocaching to store some basic information, hints and so on. Haven't streched it to the limit yet - does anybody know how many bytes this description field may use? In my first test file Aventura had no problem with 87 bytes of description.

Something I haven't tried yet: In CompeGPS WPT you can attach other files. Which file types Aventura could handle would be an interesting question... Image files shouldn't be a problem, at least PNG and JPG, I assume. How stripped down is Aventura's Windows CE operating system? Are htmlview.dll and/ or iexplore.exe available? Generating HTML content from geocaching descriptions is something most paperless cachers are used to.

But: Aventura makes it a little hard to get to either description or attached file on a waypoint. Menu -> Data -> Waypoints, then choose the right file, scroll down the list of waypoints contained in that file, now Properties. In the Properties box you'll see a nasty little one-line text input field with - how many? - maybe the first ten bytes of the description. Is it possible to extend this input control to a, let's say, five lines wide textarea? Would be really helpful .
    Or even better: Add a little button behind the existing input control which opens a new read-only box with the whole description. The function to create this additional box could then be called from map screen or compass screen as well, when the user clicks on the description data field.

One other thing that puzzles me: It's possible to store the WPT file either in "Data" or in "POI". Calling my geocaches from POI has a huge benefit - the whole list of caches is sorted by distance, great! A POI on the other hand seems to have no description, no attached file. Waypoint lists then are always shown in the same order they are stored in the WPT file - why not sorting waypoints by distance as well?

Last, but for sure not least: In an open WPT file on Aventura I can create a new waypoint, which is appended to the file. That's something happening quite easily, at least if you're trying to do some screenshots while testing... Would be great if waypoints could be deleted as well.

I hope my posting didn't sound to bitter - as far as I can say after only a few hours of testing the TwoNav Aventura is a great device! I won't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for any kind of global positioning swiss army knife .

joschi

Predeterminado

Hi Joschi,
    though I'm not in Geocaching, let me try to apply some thoughts.
    I'm a "converted" Garmin 60 CSX user, using the Aventura now happily.
    Although the Aventura is already a lot more powerful and has so many advantages over my old 60 CSX, there are still possibilities for enhancements and new features.
    However, let me comment some of your thoughts:

Cita Iniciado por joschi Ver mensaje
    I did e.g. change the icon for every waypoint to "closed box". To my surprise Aventura ignored the icon from CompeGPS WPT file. Simple reason: The symbols you can choose in CompeGPS Land are stored in a file called default.zip. Aventura, too, uses the bitmap symbols from a default.zip. The BMP files in CompeGPS Land and Aventura default.zip are not all the same, however. In my case copying the "closed box.bmp" to Aventura's default.zip did the trick. Maybe it would be a good idea to keep those icon BMPs sync.
    Right, but from my point of view this is the users responsibility.
    If one wants to add a new waypoint image, just add it to the zip file and move it to the Aventura.
    Maybe there are other ways, but I have the device since 3 weeks only and still don't know all possibilities, I'm sure.

But: Aventura makes it a little hard to get to either description or attached file on a waypoint. Menu -> Data -> Waypoints, then choose the right file, scroll down the list of waypoints contained in that file, now Properties. In the Properties box you'll see a nasty little one-line text input field with - how many? - maybe the first ten bytes of the description. Is it possible to extend this input control to a, let's say, five lines wide textarea? Would be really helpful .
    Hmm.
    As far as I have seen, just go to the map page, and tip on the waypoint image.
    Then the whole description should appear automatically.
    Tip again, and it will disappear again.
    Have you tried that, and does it not work ?

Have fun, bp

PS: Read the manual on the CD, it really helps a lot to discover the powerful possibilities of the device, one doesn't think of before, especially if you used other, restricted equipment before.

Predeterminado

Hi bp,

thanx for your response .

Cita Iniciado por blackpanther Ver mensaje
    Read the manual on the CD, it really helps a lot to discover the powerful possibilities of the device, one doesn't think of before, especially if you used other, restricted equipment before.
    My fault, sincere apologies... It might be understandable, I hope, that I didn't read the manual very careful, instead jumped out to practice with my new gadget. Not so understandable is for sure that I didn't check with the manual before complaining here.

Deleting a waypoint is possible, I've just learnt. Can't explain why I didn't find that yesterday on tour. I swear it hasn't been there...

Hmm.
    As far as I have seen, just go to the map page, and tip on the waypoint image.
    Then the whole description should appear automatically.
    Hmm, yeah, it works that way. Without the stylus, however, the waypoint contextual menu in map view is hard to find. Using my finger nail in nine out of ten attempts I get the map contextual menu, not the waypoint one.

Right, but from my point of view this is the users responsibility.
    If one wants to add a new waypoint image, just add it to the zip file and move it to the Aventura.
    Hmm. Isn't CompeGPS Land meant to act as the PC counterpart for the Aventura mobile device? Managing maps, tracks, routes, waypoints? So if I build a waypoint file in CompeGPS Land I would expect the Aventura to support all settings chosen for a waypoint, including the icon.

In CompeGPS WPT you can attach other files. Which file types Aventura could handle would be an interesting question... Image files shouldn't be a problem, at least PNG and JPG, I assume. How stripped down is Aventura's Windows CE operating system? Are htmlview.dll and/ or iexplore.exe available?
    From my newly discovered contextual menu I gave it a try: iexplore.exe seems to be not present, calling an attached HTML file gave me a nice Windows CE error box. An attached JPG File, however, did indeed open up - instead of the map image... I had to switch navigation mode to get the normal map image back. I guess it's not intended to work that way at all, is it?

joschi
    Última edición por joschi; 06/07/2009 a las 20:04

Predeterminado

hi,

i start a new onroad navigation and open button: target >poi>own poi.

the limitation is 50 Pois. But I have 300 customers. Please change.
    Servus
    Gerd
    Aventura - Sportiva - Samsung Q1+PPC TwoNav - GPSMAP 60 csx - TTQV 5/4 PU - Globalmapper - CGPSL - W7/64pro -

Predeterminado

my wishes for the next release:
    1)
    a new button : show only maps (without the long field on the top and on the bottom) (as user sardinien already mentioned) - this could show the map almost on the full screen.

2)
    The aventura has 2 profiles: on-road and off-road - for example:
    OFFROAD: 2D-map, speaker off, light for 15 seconds, e.g. topo-map
    ONROAD: 3D-map, speaker on, light always on, e.g. vector-map
    therefore a setting for each profile would be better for me (similar to garmin oregon series)
    currently, my setup for on-road is always the same like the setting for off-road
    i prefer 2 different setting for each profile

3)
    i would like to have a setting for
    light for 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 minute, .....
    and also screen visible for same as light setting, or stay visible

I would for example like to have
    off-road:light for 15 seconds and then the screen should still be visible but without backlight
    on-road: continous light

Currently it is only possibleto have the screen with backlight or the screen is turned off.
    there is no option for screen with 15 sec with backlight and then screen without backlight.

4)
    With a lot of POIs the system is very slow. (i am using 27 gpx-files with about 12.000 points)
    What might be the reason?
    currently it is not possible to draw the map within 3 minutes if the pois are installed

Predeterminado

my wishes for the next release:

1)
    a new button : show only maps (without the long filed on the top and on the bottom) (as user sardinien already mentioned) - this could show the map almost on the full screen.

2)
    The aventura has 2 profiles: on-road and off-road - for example i would like to have:

OFFROAD: 2D-map, speaker off, light for 15 seconds, e.g. topo-map
    ONROAD: 3D-map, speaker on, light always on, e.g. vector-map

therefore a setting for each profile would be better for me (similar to garmin oregon series)
    currently, my setup for on-road is always the same like the setting for off-road
    i prefer 2 different setting for each profile

3)
    i would like to have a setting for
    light for 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 minute, .....
    and also screen visible time for same as light setting, or stay visible

I would for example like to have
    off-road:light for 15 seconds and then the screen should still be visible but without backlight
    on-road: continous light

Currently it is only possible to have the screen with backlight or the screen is turned off.
    there is no option for screen with 15 sec with backlight and afterwards screen without backlight.

4)
    With a lot of POIs the system is very slow. (i am using 27 gpx-files with about 12.000 points)
    What might be the reason?
    currently it is not possible to draw the map within 3 minutes if the pois are installed
    Última edición por freeday; 15/07/2009 a las 21:05

Predeterminado Better Place for 'Next waypoint' and 'previous waypoint' buttons

In Version 2.0.1.rc1 in a drop down menue 'Next waypoint' and 'previous waypoint' buttons have been added to buttons bar.

Unfortunatey you dont see any more, weather you are in the 'Pan' or in the 'Rotate' Mode.

That is not necessary. The 'Next waypoint' and 'previous waypoint' buttons are only used, when we enter a goal. In this case, we have an direction arrow on the top left side of the display. So that should be the right place for a context menu with that feature (Next WPT, Previous WPT).

Wolfgang

Predeterminado How to disable Europe.CDEM ?

Using DACH08Q4.vmap and satellite images (ECW, or RMAP) on the Aventura - works fine!!!

If Europe.CDEM is enabled, polygons of DACH08Q4 (like city-areas, forest,...) hide some information of the satellite map.
    Therefore i do not use Europe.CDEM

But changing from 2D to 3D Europe.CDEM is enabled automatically (i have to switch from 2D->3D->3D+->2D )
    Moving back to 2D europe.CDEM is still enabled.
    I have to disable manually Europe.CDEM after each 3D-session

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por freeday Ver mensaje
    If Europe.CDEM is enabled, polygons of DACH08Q4 (like city-areas, forest,...) hide some information of the satellite map.
    Therefore i do not use Europe.CDEM

But changing from 2D to 3D Europe.CDEM is enabled automatically (i have to switch from 2D->3D->3D+->2D )
    Moving back to 2D europe.CDEM is still enabled.
    I have to disable manually Europe.CDEM after each 3D-session
    Try this: Disable the check box "Höhenmodel in der 2D A" in the menu "Gelände" -> "3D Höhe" -> "Höhenmodel in der 2D A"

Sorry for the germen item, but freeday do using german on the Aventura.

Greetings Joern Weber

Página 1 de 3 123 ÚltimoÚltimo