Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 13

Tema: Aventura hangs at the startup screen forever (and does not startup anymore)

Angry Aventura hangs at the startup screen forever (and does not startup anymore)

My brand new TwoNav Aventura is already broken and hangs at the startupscreen forever...

And just in case you wonder: I did NOT install any software or modify system files on the device and it has been working just fine for 2 days right out-of-the box.

But now it does not work anymore, it just keeps showing the startupscreen forever after switching on, and that's it! Also the device does not connect through USB anymore on the PC.

Looks like it's broken after only 2 days using it!

No telephone support, only by e-mail. I am a little bit disappointed with my new purchase ...

P.S. Is there a way to give the device a HARD-reset, maybe that would help?
    Última edición por Pizzaman; 10/07/2009 a las 10:42

Predeterminado

Very strange... it seems there has been some similar issue when connecting Aventura to Mac computers. Did you connect Aventura to a Mac?

Post Aventura Fail

Dear User:

Of course if is it a malfunction of the device you can send it back to our offices and we will repair free.

Can you note this problem to orders@compegps.com explaining the issue and today will make the movement.

Best Regards and sorry for the inconveniences.
    --LUKhAcK--

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por dalbert Ver mensaje
    Very strange... it seems there has been some similar issue when connecting Aventura to Mac computers. Did you connect Aventura to a Mac?
    I connected the Aventura to a PC running Microsoft Windows XP. I think it happened after I disconnected the USB charger during a boot up session. Could it be that some file is locked now and it cannot startup anymore?

PS How did the Mac user get the device working again?
    Última edición por Pizzaman; 10/07/2009 a las 14:38

Predeterminado

Try to extract your battery, wait for 30 or 50 sec. and plug the battery back and turn on the Aventura...

Hope this helps you...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

Many devices have similar problems as this, that have WinCE etc, where people have an issue when connecting to a PC. In our forum many a Mio user come across this issue but it seems that turning off the GPS before disconnecting is the safest method. It is not the Aventura that's the problem it is our wonderful friends at Redmond, Washington, USA!
    Última edición por GPSTech; 12/07/2009 a las 07:19

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por CpA Ver mensaje
    Try to extract your battery, wait for 30 or 50 sec. and plug the battery back and turn on the Aventura...

Hope this helps you...
    I had the battery disconnected during last night (7 hrs) and put it back in this morning. Unfortunately that did not work, the Aventura still refuses to startup and just keeps showing the startup screen forever.
    Última edición por Pizzaman; 10/07/2009 a las 14:36

Predeterminado

I could guess that you turn the machine off, touch the screen and hold then turn on the Aventura still keeping your hand on the screen until an option to reset appears. I am plucking this one out of thin air
    gpstechnologies.com.au
    gpsaustralia.net

Predeterminado

Switch off, tapping screen and keep touching the screen, switching it on ... unfortunately does not give any option to reset.

Predeterminado

I think you will have to send device to CompeGPS so they can analyse and repair or give a new one. In http://support.compegps.com they will help you.

Personally, I have connected and disconnected Aventura in a lot of situations (while starting, with PC, with charger...) and normally all OK. Some times the device was blocked (black screen with backlight on) in this 'special' connections, but making a reset with the button at right of SD card reader it reseted OK.

Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo

Etiquetas para este tema