Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 15

Tema: Aventura does not recognize my maps sometimes

Predeterminado Aventura does not recognize my maps sometimes

During the last days I observed the following described strange behaviour:

Sometimes after power on, the Aventura will not recognized my saved maps on the sd card. It will show in the data-maps-setup that zero maps are available. However, the sd card itself seems to be recognized because it is possible to load waypoints and routes from it.

The only solution to get the maps is to reboot the Aventura. Unfortunately, it is necessary to repeat this step several times until the maps will be recognized.

The strange side of this behaviour is, that sometimes the Aventura works normal what means that it will show the maps as expected.

My used TwoNav version 2.0.1
    I used a Transcend 16GB Sd-Card (Class 6) but I could observe the same behaviour also with the included 4GB Card.

Greetings from Germany

Andreas
    TwoNav Sportiva+

Predeterminado

Had a (maybe) similar behaviour two or three times now - quite rarely compared to what some people report in German naviboard.de. And: Initializing storage card and map data during system start always did work in my case. When switching from onroad to offroad screen, however, when Aventura has to switch maps, in my configuration from dach08q4.vmap to one of the 4gig germany_topo_25k rmap tiles, it sometimes stops loading the map file with the progress bar still visible, no error message whatsoever. The system is still fully operational as it seems. Switching back to onroad mode works fine then including map view with the much smaller vmap, another attempt back in offroad mode still doesn't load the topo map though. Also trying to deactivate the map in data menu and reactivating it manually has no effect. Only solution then is to restart the device.

Happened two or three times now, as I said. So in my case no honest reason to complain yet. There might be, however, some issue with filesystem driver and large files?

Best regards,
    joschi

Predeterminado

>>it sometimes stops loading the map file with the progress bar still visible, no error message whatsoever. The system is still fully operational as it seems.

Yes, i sometimes have the same strange behaviour
    It happens when using AMAP (Austrian map .ecw) - but not always and not reproduceable

Predeterminado

I had the same problem yesterday, after two hours of walking, while I was testing my new 16 GB extrememory card.

Unfortunaley reseting the Aventura for many times didn't work, so I had to forget about the Aventura during the rest of the trail.

Once at home I checked the card and Windows didn't show any problems al all. Then I copied the maps in a different folder and reanamed it back "maps", but the trcik didn't work.

Furthermore the buttons of the Maps dialog has a weird aspect now:

so I think the Aventura software/OS got corrupted while I was zooming and paning an ecw ortophoto. I'll try to fix by installing TwoNav back in the Aventura.

I hope next time it will take longer before having this problem again.
    Última edición por pepin; 10/08/2009 a las 08:44

Predeterminado

Yepp, this is the same problem which I described. I forgot to add the description of the screen, but like pepin wrote, the dialog is (sometimes, NOT evertime) corrupted.

However, I do not have used ecw-maps until now. I'm just using rmap's created via TTQV software.

Restarting helps for me (unfortunately sometime 3-5 restarts are normally necessary)

During the weekend I do not observed the problem
    TwoNav Sportiva+

Predeterminado

I had this picture again yesterday, some conclusions here.

http://forum.compegps.com/attachment...1&d=1251627412

Restarting Aventura don't works for me. If it happens during a hiking/biking there is nothing to do, I won't be able to open my maps, so I just swich off the Aventura if I'm not interesed in saving the track.

But once at home the system will be reset just after conecting the Aventura to the PC. Pluging the Aventura to a power source like the car's ligther don't works.

It is a I/O problem generated by many times opening and closing maps, I do it too often, I must confess.

So to stay in the safe side, if you have experienced this issue, don't abuse Maps button.
    Imágenes adjuntadas Imágenes adjuntadas

Predeterminado

Isn't it funny. - I had the same scenario.

and also this one - try to change to ONROAD-Modus

(using a 32GB Sandisk Class 4)

Predeterminado

These screens seem the result of an SD card reading problem (os maps are not detected... and so Onroad mode is disabled), so maybe we have different problems here.
    If an SD card never works, maybe it has some problem or Aventura has a problem with it (I think some 32GB SD cards had problems).
    If sometimes it works and sometimes not, then we should try to reproduce it. Pepin's opinion is that opening and closing many maps can cause it (I could not reproduce).
    Any detail may be important to isolate and solve this problem.
    It happened to me one time, it was solved with a reset and didn't happen any more.

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por dalbert Ver mensaje
    If sometimes it works and sometimes not, then we should try to reproduce it.
    Reproducing it only works sometimes . Ok, here we go - summary from what different Austrian and German users report on naviboard.de:

There are two scenarios as already stated in this thread.

First is a completely missing list of maps; only way to handle that is to restart the device.

Second is a failure while loading a map file. No error message, simply an empty map screen with a frozen progress bar. That happens sometimes and not reproducable for a certain map file or file type (can't say, though; I've never heard till now it would have happened while loading a vmap, only raster maps). It happens more often with bigger storage cards, as it seems (in my case: never had any trouble with 4gig or 8gig storage card, with my 16gig card sometimes maps won't open).
    When it happens it often helps to switch from 2D view to 3D and 3D+ back to 2D, the map file then loads correctly.

Best regards,
    joschi

Predeterminado

I made several tests with my sd cards in the last two weeks.

It seems that the Aventura has problem with my 16GB SD-Card (Transcend, Class 6) because the problem is reproduceable with this card. Sometimes it is necesary to reboot up to 10 times the device

I reformatted it but the behaviour consists. I do not think that the card has a defect because other devices are working with it.

On the other side when I'm using the included 4 GB Card I do not have any problem. Everything works as expected.

I think I will prefer to work with several 4GB cards (or 8 GB, but I didn't tst it yet)
    TwoNav Sportiva+

Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo