Tema: CGPSLAND projects auto ONROAD route for Aventura OnroadMode

Predeterminado CGPSLAND projects auto ONROAD route for Aventura OnroadMode

this Futures to be missing in Aventura + CGPSL:

Auto route plane with VMAP in CGPSL and transfer to Aventura
    Aventura navigated explicit the Route from CGPSL

I think, these future is good for 10000 New CGPSL/Aventura User
    Servus
    Gerd
    Aventura - Sportiva - Samsung Q1+PPC TwoNav - GPSMAP 60 csx - TTQV 5/4 PU - Globalmapper - CGPSL - W7/64pro -

Predeterminado

Sorry, what is it CGPSL?

Predeterminado

I guess CompeGPSLand...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

Oh I see.... but I can't yet understand what this suggestion means...

Predeterminado

Maybe he wants to create an on-road route from CompeLand & export it to Aventura as well...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

Hi,
    guess the task is clear enough.
    CGPSL (this means CompeGPS Land indeed) should offer the same comfort as Garmin/Mapsource:
    Plan a calculated onroad route (based on VMAPS) with CGPSL on your PC, copy it to Aventura and use this route for onroad navigation.

The point is, that on your PC it is much easier and much more comfortable to create and modify a route (large display, convenient keyboard/mouse).
    Of course CGPSL must learn to handle onroad routing first (a feature, many users are waiting for).

I am sure, you will agree, that this would improve the general usability of Aventura/CGPSL a lot.

Kindest regards,
    ron
    Kindest regards/Herzliche Grüße,
    ron

Predeterminado

Hi,
    this future is importantly for the performance Aventura opposite Garmin/TomTom ....

The Navigate with the Hybrid Aventura is ace
    Servus
    Gerd
    Aventura - Sportiva - Samsung Q1+PPC TwoNav - GPSMAP 60 csx - TTQV 5/4 PU - Globalmapper - CGPSL - W7/64pro -

Predeterminado

I'm not used to creating routes with mapsource, so I can't tell about it.

But I often follow tracks while in off-road navigation either with Aventura or a Garmin 60CSX. To create these tracks I always use the fast-track tool from "CGPSL"

You would want to convert these tracks to routes and uplaod them to the Aventura, but how they would work in on-road mode.

Predeterminado

Hi pepin,
    the biggest advantage comes from making use of the routing engine coming along with the VMAPS while planning on pc.
    And this is the way it works for Garmin/Mapsource:
    You start with an ordinary 2-points route (start and target), let the engine calculate the onroad route and look, what you've got.
    If the result doesn't meet your expectations, you add targets-in-between, modifying the route step by step (the route being recalculated at once).
    Finally you will get the route you want, save it, transfer it to your GPSr (for us this would meen to the Aventura) and use it for navigation.
    That is, where we should be heading for.

Another task would be to add an easy way of route modification on the fly to Aventura.
    This means, having a ready calculated onroad route, Aventura should provide the option to modify this route, if needed (traffic jams, traffic restrictions), either by adding route points or by simply dragging the route line to another road. After this the Aventura should recalculate the route immeditaly, including the modifications made before.

Hope, my explanations being in humble English, are to be understood.

Kindest regards,
    ron
    Kindest regards/Herzliche Grüße,
    ron

Predeterminado

ronron, I agree with your view, but let me put a little bit of realism here.

There are many very simple tasks that can't be accomplished in vector maps, for example you can't see the properties of a feature in a vmap/mpvf but a small tip. Or even worse, you won't be able to search for a name in any kind of vector map, even it was announced in January 2006 that Compe was going to implement it very soon:

http://forum.compegps.com/showpost.php?p=1676&postcount=5

The fact is that the tool has no been implemented until now and it's just very recently that we can search for names inside waypoints files.

On the other hand Compe has so many products now, and it seemss CGPSL is no more a preference, even for bug correction. One of the reasons could be that CGPSL would no afford a great income to Compe, as all updates has been free during the last years.

So I feel that for practical reasons is better to look for alternative ways to do things -in my case I use Global Mapper for many tasks, and I have started programing somme others by myself- than suggesting and waiting for features that most probably will never see the light.

This is just my point of view of course, but I really whish you succeed.
    Última edición por pepin; 28/08/2009 a las 07:16

Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo