Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 11

Tema: Bug or Glich? - Unwanted Multiple Waypoints created when mark button pressed

Predeterminado Bug or Glich? - Unwanted Multiple Waypoints created when mark button pressed

Hi - was out bush the other day recording waypoints. Didnt see exactly what happened but it went something like this ...After recording about 85 waypoints I pressed Mark for the next one and the unit created the waypoint then things went weird - it suddenly created about 40 new waypoints at that same point (or very nearby). Almost at the same time the unit then tried to save the waypoint file (new waypoints2.wpt in this case) but jammed halfway through. I had to take out the battery to reset.

No data lost (so no real harm done) but ended up with the extra ~40 waypoints all created at or around the point I was standing.

Is this some sort of a bug or just one of those "gliches" you get with any electronic device? Hope its not a regular occurrence.

Cheers
    Greg

Predeterminado

Ok - now its getting serious. Same issue again today. I got to about 90 waypoints. Marked a new one and the device just started marking a whole series of waypoints at that location then, as before it tried to save the waypoint file but jammed up. As with same problem yesterday I had to remove the battery to get the unit going again. Started unit again but sad thing this time is I lost about 60 waypoints I had previously saved - i.e. about 2 hours work. Not Good. Has anyone lese had this uissue or is it just me?

I am running the new firmware ( from AventuraOS153T1.rar) and Version 2.02 of TwoNav. I am using the 4GB SD card that came with the unit.

Cheers
    Greg

Predeterminado

I just updated the unit to the other latest version of the firmware (AventuraOS154R.rar) on the off chance that was the problem. It does however still persist. I did a test walking around the house marking waypoints. When it got to about 70 it started having small spasms of marking two or three extra points. Then at about 90 is created plus twenty points and then jammed/froze trying to save the waypoint file.

Can someone else try this test and see if they get the same issue.

Cheers
    Greg

Predeterminado

I never tried to create so much way points.
    but, if you need to reset ur device there is a special button near the SD card.

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por guy grinwald Ver mensaje
    I never tried to create so much way points.
    but, if you need to reset ur device there is a special button near the SD card.
    Hi - thanks for reply. Yes I am aware of the reset button - I have used it several times doing OS updates... just didnt occur to me at the time. Doesnt solve the problem though.

Any chance you could try making a heap of waypoints to see what happens. So far no one has stated they have the same issue.

Cheers
    Greg

Predeterminado Mark button chattering?

Hi Greg,

I cannot confirm this multitude of waypoints created.
    But what I have seen frequently is that up to 3-4 waypoints (for the same positon) have been created after pressing the "Mark"-button. This might be a chattering (German "prellen") Mark-button...

Does this happen if you use the touchscreen-function (not the hardware-buttons) for creating a waypoint?

Best wishes
    Arnd
    Aventura 2.5 (OS 1.3.59.R ), TTQV4-ST, CompeGPSLand 7.0 Licensed
    OSM & Linux appreciated.

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por tv-arnd Ver mensaje
    Hi Greg,

I cannot confirm this multitude of waypoints created.
    But what I have seen frequently is that up to 3-4 waypoints (for the same positon) have been created after pressing the "Mark"-button. This might be a chattering (German "prellen") Mark-button...

Does this happen if you use the touchscreen-function (not the hardware-buttons) for creating a waypoint?

Best wishes
    Arnd
    Hi - I have not tried the touchscreen method of creating waypoints, it is too laborious for doing many in a short time. The fact that you have experienced a similar problem (i.e. many waypoints at same position after pressing Mark button once) indicates a significant issue (software/hardware?) that needs to be resolved.

Cheers
    Greg

Predeterminado Can confirm this bug

Hi Explorer,

I never created so many WPs but did so after reading your posting here. The result is:

I can confirm this bug - the more WPs one creates the longer it takes to save these WPs. If reaching about 90 WPs the saving of the WPs takes extremely long and there are automatically more and more WPs created. Eventually this ends in an endless loop.

Clearly this has nothing to do with the mechanics of the keys but is an issue of the Aventura software.

Please open an official support ticket with Compe (doing so is more reliable than only posting here in the forum). It should be easy for the Compe staff to reproduce this behavior.

A workaround which I found is the following: Close your currently open Waypoint File after maybe 20 WPs. The next time you press the MARK button the Aventure opens a new one automatically. After creating another 20 WPs you close it again and so on. It seems that the problem only arises if there are too many WPs in a single WP file.

Best regards,
    Thomas

Predeterminado

Hello loopguru, thanks for you reply and assessment of the problem. I submitted an official support ticket on Saturday, but being a weekend have as yet not had a reply.

Cheers
    Greg

Predeterminado

While I havent been told this directly despite being the person reporting the bug a second party has received this repsonse for Compegps

We have reproduced the problem. When you add about 50, 60, 70 waypoints, then it is frequent that more than 1 waypoint is added (2, 3,... 7...) and finally it makes a lot of successive waypoints and hangs.

This behaviour depends a little bit on the SD card (It repeats more often in our test 32GB SD card and in your 2GB test SD card).

So we have a software problem here. It has already been reported and being investigated by our developers.
    I think soon we will have a solution, and normally it will be officially released with 2.1 version of TwoNav (I guess it should be released by end of October - beginning of November).

Cheers
    Greg

Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo