Resultados 1 al 7 de 7

Tema: Hello everybody and...just two questions

Unhappy Hello everybody and...just two questions

Hello to everybody,

I a new Aventura lover, after years with garmin........

I have a couple of questions:

- when I open a track and centre it on the screen, I cannot seek the best map available as CompeGPS can do with the right button of the mouse. Is it possible to do it in other ways? As I uploaded a lot of local maps, it is very difficult to find the right one reading file numbers.....

- I use the 4GB card included, and I finally stored about 3,6 GB files (tracks and maps). When I open the map folder reading is so slow and I always have to de-activaet infinity button to work in reasonable time....I guess how can you work with 16 or 32 GB! Shall I select particular settings I am missing?

Thank you in advance for your help

K

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por kammellino Ver mensaje
    - when I open a track and centre it on the screen, I cannot seek the best map available as CompeGPS can do with the right button of the mouse. Is it possible to do it in other ways? As I uploaded a lot of local maps, it is very difficult to find the right one reading file numbers.....
    If you go to Data->Maps and uncheck the infinite symbol (a layed 8 ), you only see the best map available on this coordinates...

- I use the 4GB card included, and I finally stored about 3,6 GB files (tracks and maps). When I open the map folder reading is so slow and I always have to de-activaet infinity button to work in reasonable time....I guess how can you work with 16 or 32 GB! Shall I select particular settings I am missing?
    This is an OS problem. The problem is when you have a lot of files, not if a file is very big...
    So, It's better have a huge map than a multiples ones...

Best regards, and welcome to the forums...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

I need also a "search best" function for tracks!
    and the possibility to store data in different directory.

bye!

Predeterminado

you can store your data (tracks, ...) in different subdictories.

Using the Compe-TRK format is faster in reading the files than the GPX format.

But in some case is nice to use GPX (e.g. when many tracks are stored in one GPX file, than every track get automatic a different color!).

As told before use few big maps and not many small maps.

A map (RMAP oder ECW format) can be up to 4GB
    There is a third way you can use maps on the Aventura, but I won't tell you

And last but least we should not forget the the vector maps in the format VMAP.

Ray
    www.melibokus-biker.de
    Anima+ 3.3.4, , Samsung S5 with TwoNav Android 3.3.4
    (old devices Aventura W.E. 3.1/OS 1.3.60R, Sportiva+ 3.0/OS 2.2.1, Garmin 60CSx, Magellan Meridian Platinum)
    CompeGPS Land 8.1.1 & 7.7.* (Win & Mac) running on Mac OS X using a virtual machine for Win XP
    dt. TwoNav-SubForum im Naviboard
    Perl-Script gpsconv.pl a Converter for Tracks and Waypoints (e.g. GPX, KML and CompeGPS, ...)

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por CpA Ver mensaje
    If you go to Data->Maps and uncheck the infinite symbol (a layed 8 ), you only see the best map available on this coordinates...

This is an OS problem. The problem is when you have a lot of files, not if a file is very big...
    So, It's better have a huge map than a multiples ones...

Best regards, and welcome to the forums...
    Yes, it runs, thank you for the advice!

"""""""""""""""""This is an OS problem. The problem is when you have a lot of files, not if a file is very big...
    So, It's better have a huge map than a multiples ones..."""""""""""

I tried to get a big file instead of multiples, simply merging maps with function available in Compegps. I couldn't join more than 15/16 maps in ecw format, becouse of a warning message. Maximum size allowed in ECW is about 100 mb for the multiple map. I removed all setting limits but couldn't do it.

Another limit I noticed with Aventura is a sensible delay when I zoom in or out map while running.....I push bottons several times but zoom comes to next step after 15/20 seconds!

Ciao

K

Predeterminado

Hi K,

if size does matter . . .
    and yes it does using map files on the Aventura
    You can use other tools to prepare your map files: AU_ECW-Compressor or GlobalMapper. The biggest ECW file I built with the AU ECW Compressor is almost 30 GB - unfortunately I cannot store it on a SD card

The other alternative is creating Multilevel-Multitile maps. With this maps you only have one IMP file but thousands of possible RMAP files.

Regards
    Anton
    Última edición por macnetz; 20/11/2009 a las 18:32

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

I tried to get a big file instead of multiples, simply merging maps with function available in Compegps. I couldn't join more than 15/16 maps in ecw format, becouse of a warning message. Maximum size allowed in ECW is about 100 mb for the multiple map. I removed all setting limits but couldn't do it.
    Save the merge into RMAP format instead of ECW and you will not have any limit. Do not forget to put the map at 100% level before to make the merge.

Another limit I noticed with Aventura is a sensible delay when I zoom in or out map while running.....I push bottons several times but zoom comes to next step after 15/20 seconds!
    If you are talking about User Interface zoom button, it could take some ms nut not 15sec!!
    If you talk about harware button, it is even faster!