Resultados 1 al 6 de 6

Tema: Water INSIDE of the display !!!

Thumbs down Water INSIDE of the display !!!

Hi all Aventura users,

So, yesterday a 6 hr trip in Polish mointains, ca -5^C, Aventura in the pocket in my GoreTex jacket, big humidity.

After return home I saw some water under the display foil, inside the display !!! Of course the touch screen is not working at all !!!!! And a small contrast changing was present.

For my knowledge I am not the first which has such troubles . Aventura is really good GPS, but this text from the decsription :
    1-Ready for extreme outdoor conditions

Very tough and resistant components
    Don't worry about rain or humidity

Seems to be lie ....

I bought the GPS on eBay, has still warranty (GPS was originally bought in Lune 2009) ... And ...

How I have to do ? I sent an eMail to CompeGPS support but from my experience this needs few days time ..

Best wishes from Poland and Happy New Yaer without water in the display !!!!

Grzes

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

The best you have to do is what you have done: send an email to support.
    The problem you describe is not normal and, in normal situation, you should get your device replaced but part of the team are still in vacations, so yes it could take some short time

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por Pascal Ver mensaje
    The problem you describe is not normal and, in normal situation, you should get your device replaced but part of the team are still in vacations, so yes it could take some short time
    I sent the message with photos. OK I will be patient ... Spain has some hollidays ;-)

Unfortunately I want to use my Aventura - this is really very very good device !!!

best regards

Grzes

Predeterminado

Hi all,

I tested something ... strange it seems this is an evident production mistake ... Many non hermetic places - see attached photos. Test method : TFT cleaning foam, lightly blow into earphone hole with dry air.

I am awaiting the answer from CompeGPS, until Tuesday. Otherwise I will send the Aventura to the seller like "normal guarantee complaint".

I hope Compe will quickly change this defect unit by a good, complaining the declaration in the manual !!!

BR

Grzes
    Imágenes adjuntadas Imágenes adjuntadas

Predeterminado vacation

Cita Iniciado por Pascal Ver mensaje
    EDIT MODO:
    I don't think your message is adding any value to the problems/comments reported here.
    If you are willing to say what you want to CompeGPS directly, please use the support website: http://support.compegps.com
    Última edición por Pascal; 19/02/2010 a las 22:56

Predeterminado

Hi all,

After few weeks I got my Aventura back, display and case changed, maybe something inside as well but the Id remains the same.

Works well but I am still worrying about humidity - in the German naviboard.de I described more detailed my doubts.

Best regards

Grzegorz