Página 1 de 3 123 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 22

Tema: TwoNav iPhone maps

Predeterminado TwoNav iPhone maps

Are there tele atlas vmaps available for North America (USA)? I do not see them on the web site. I would like to buy the iphone app and add these maps

Predeterminado

I don't think so, but the VMAP of Australia is also not in the shop.

In the shop I see just western and eastern Europe, Maroc and Brazil.

Ray
    www.melibokus-biker.de
    Anima+ 3.3.4, , Samsung S5 with TwoNav Android 3.3.4
    (old devices Aventura W.E. 3.1/OS 1.3.60R, Sportiva+ 3.0/OS 2.2.1, Garmin 60CSx, Magellan Meridian Platinum)
    CompeGPS Land 8.1.1 & 7.7.* (Win & Mac) running on Mac OS X using a virtual machine for Win XP
    dt. TwoNav-SubForum im Naviboard
    Perl-Script gpsconv.pl a Converter for Tracks and Waypoints (e.g. GPX, KML and CompeGPS, ...)

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

Tele Atlas map for North America is not yet done.

To be honest, USA is relatively a new country for us as our GPS was not really competitive in it (due to euro-dollars ratio). The success of the App wil drive our effort for it. But we do already plan Tele Atlas mapping for USA

Predeterminado

When do you think to update the old DACH-Teleatlas to have postcodes as designed?
    Teleatlas has 4 updates per year.
    Twonav has less than one update per year.

Thank you!

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

Freeday, I don't think your question is really linked to the original post but I will anyway answer you: the update was foreseen before Christmas but to avoid problems due to missing people in vacations, we have postponed it for January.
    Sorry for the delay.

Predeterminado

Great info - thank you Pascal.

Predeterminado

Hi, guys! I'm new member, and my question is how to use free online USA maps, I can't figure it out, I'm waiting for normal US maps to come out (hopefully soon) but anyway I would like to use TwoNav on my iPhone 3Gs and learn how to use it. Can anybody give me detailed description on "how to"? Please do not consider my question silly since I'm not very good with things I've never used before. Thank you.
    Última edición por pitt.bunker; 16/05/2010 a las 02:36

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

Hi Pitt,

Did you download the default maps data? (proposed at start)
    If yes, you should have free USA maps in menu > data > maps then check the USA and Canada (don't remember the exact name now)

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por Pascal Ver mensaje
    Hi Pitt,

Did you download the default maps data? (proposed at start)
    If yes, you should have free USA maps in menu > data > maps then check the USA and Canada (don't remember the exact name now)
    Hi, Pascal! Yes I did and I can see US_Canada_my Topo in menu and it's checked but as soon as I zoom in just to see details map becomes blurry so it is absolutely useless, also on Compegps website there are USA online maps (free) and when I click on it there is a description "....... CompeGPS does not sell these maps but allows you to freely acces them from here." and when I click on the link (here) download session starts and after I unrar the archive there are two files TerraServer_Ortho.cwms and TerraServer_Topo.cwms and now what to do with those files how to use them, I've added both of them to iPhone using ftp login info which is available in settings and I also can see both files in maps but when I uncheck everything and check one of those nothing really happens... Any ideas on how to use them (God, I can't wait for VMAPS especially for urban US maps if you guys will release them at all )

Predeterminado

I don't have an iPhone, but maybe I can explain the effect which you describe as "blurry".

On zoom in the iPhone have to load via internet the more detail data of the map. That may take some moments depending how fast the internet connection is.

TerraServer_Topo.cwms is just the link to the online server, from where TwoNav get the public data.

I use the same links with CompeGPS Land to access this maps.
    I have to wait some seconds, but I think it's still much faster than from a mobile connection.

Ray
    www.melibokus-biker.de
    Anima+ 3.3.4, , Samsung S5 with TwoNav Android 3.3.4
    (old devices Aventura W.E. 3.1/OS 1.3.60R, Sportiva+ 3.0/OS 2.2.1, Garmin 60CSx, Magellan Meridian Platinum)
    CompeGPS Land 8.1.1 & 7.7.* (Win & Mac) running on Mac OS X using a virtual machine for Win XP
    dt. TwoNav-SubForum im Naviboard
    Perl-Script gpsconv.pl a Converter for Tracks and Waypoints (e.g. GPX, KML and CompeGPS, ...)

Página 1 de 3 123 ÚltimoÚltimo