Resultados 1 al 10 de 10

Tema: TwoNav disables automatic powerdown of PocketPC

Predeterminado TwoNav disables automatic powerdown of PocketPC

when twonav is running (2.1.rc1 on wm6.1), the pocketpc no longer shuts down automatically after the timespan specified in windows system preferences.

preventing shutdown when gps is ON is obviously a good idea and absolutely required. preventing shutdown when gps is OFF is a bug and should be fixed. who wants to find his batteries depleted in the morning just because he forgot to turn it off manually or to quit twonav.

Predeterminado

even worse: twonav is running in the evening because i plan next days trip. i turn off the pocketpc manually and go to bed. the pocketpc turns on automatically later due to some calendar event unnoticed (wm sometimes does that). normally not a problem, since it turns off again after the configured timeout. but since twonav is still running when it comes alive, it NEVER turns off again. so when I wake up in the morning, my batteries are depleted. not good at all.
    Última edición por joeuser; 10/01/2010 a las 11:49

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

Just configure TwoNav to use your system configuration instead of beeing always on : settings > system > autonomy
    TwoNav manual: http://www.compegps.com/new/manual/Manual_TwoNav_en.pdf

Predeterminado

sorry, but there is only a "Shutdown screen:" option which is configured to use "System configuration." there is NO OPTION which deals with turning off / keeping alive the PocketPC.

this topic isnt about background lighting, it is about pocketpc standby mode!

TwoNav must PREVENT automatic switching to standby mode when the GPS is ONLINE.
    TwoNav must ALLOW automatic switching to standby mode when the GPS is OFFLINE.
    Última edición por joeuser; 14/01/2010 a las 17:08

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

if you feel there is a bug, please enter a ticket into support.compegps.com

Predeterminado

maybe we need a native spanish/french(?) speaker for that, it seems we have a slight language misunderstanding here . or maybe rc3 has more options than rc1, i will try the latest version first. but seriously, twonav preventing ppc shutdown is a major showstopper for me. i dont like waking up to dead batteries in the wilderness...

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

I don't understand the langage problem.
    Please use the 2.1 release version first

Predeterminado

no change in 2.1 release version. no new options for this either. i'll try to explain again:

go to windows mobile system settings, and then choose "Power". go to "Advanced" tab. there's a configuration option which says:

On battery power:
    Turn off device if not used for: 1 minute/2 minutes/etc

this setting is IGNORED when TWONAV is running. the pocketpc NEVER turns off, even if it's just lying around doing nothing. TWONAV prevents the pocketpc from going to standby.

that's a bug and a showstopper. you should of course prevent standby mode when the GPS is active and twonav is recording a track. but you MUST NOT prevent standby mode when GPS is off and twonav is simply idling around.

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

I will try to explain : enter a ticket in our support web

thanks

Predeterminado

been there, done it, hoping for the best