Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 20

Tema: UK Model

Predeterminado UK Model

Hi,

I am looking at purchasing a gps for mainly hiking in the UK but I cant see what maps would come with the unit. Would the unit be able to load memory map files? Many Thanks

Predeterminado

For use MemoryMaps on the Aventura you would need TTQV.
    TTQV can read this maps and can convert them to RMAP.
    RMAP ist the raster map format of the Aventura.

CompeGPS Land can't read the MemoryMaps, I don't know if other topo maps of UK exists.
    At least a ecwp-Server with a topo map of UK exists, this one you could use with CompeGPS Land.

Aventura directly supports following raster map formats:
    RMAP, ECW and PNG, JGEG with a separate calibration file (IMP, that a Compe format).

Ray
    www.melibokus-biker.de
    Anima+ 3.3.4, , Samsung S5 with TwoNav Android 3.3.4
    (old devices Aventura W.E. 3.1/OS 1.3.60R, Sportiva+ 3.0/OS 2.2.1, Garmin 60CSx, Magellan Meridian Platinum)
    CompeGPS Land 8.1.1 & 7.7.* (Win & Mac) running on Mac OS X using a virtual machine for Win XP
    dt. TwoNav-SubForum im Naviboard
    Perl-Script gpsconv.pl a Converter for Tracks and Waypoints (e.g. GPX, KML and CompeGPS, ...)

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por ray Ver mensaje
    For use MemoryMaps on the Aventura you would need TTQV.
    TTQV can read this maps and can convert them to RMAP.
    RMAP ist the raster map format of the Aventura.
    While this is true one should be aware that the RMAPs which TTQV currently produces out of Memory Maps are not correctly displayed on the Aventura. This is a known problem with the map projection.

So right now I would not recommend TTQV to bring Memory Maps onto the Aventura.

Best regards,
    Thomas

Predeterminado

>>This is a known problem with the map projection.
    The same problem if you are using CompeGPS Land (not only TTQV)

Predeterminado

I went through this question recently. The only options I could find are to scan and calibrate the OS paper maps for use on the Aventura or use a different brand of GPS that supports OS Mapping.

Mike

Predeterminado

Thanks for the replies, very helpful, it is a shame that it isn't surport, looks a great model. Back to garmin I guess, thou I'll keep an eye on Two Nav.

Cheers Cheggers

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

First of all, opening Memory Map under TTQV or whatever SW is illegal. I must said it but obviously you do what you want, but we cannot recommend it.
    We are planning to provide UK topo maps soon but yes, right now, the solution is to open a ECW server map and make a submap from it

Predeterminado If you badly want it there is a way

I got the following info from a very experienced Aventura user how to bring Memory Maps to the Aventura. The only obstacle here is that it involves two other programs: Global Mapper and TTQV.

Option 1:

• Open Memory Maps with Global Mapper and convert to GEOTIFF Mercator.
    • Import in TTQV and export to RMAP

Option 2:

• Open Memory Maps with Global Mapper and convert to ECW Mercator.
    • Import in TTQV and export to RMAP (TTQV reports a map projection warning which can be ignored)

TTQV can be tested for 25 days without any functional restrictions. For a one time map conversion this should be sufficient. I would recommend to test the other functions as well - I personally own TTQV for years and like it a lot. If you plan to buy it it might make sense to wait for the next version TTQV 5 which is expected first half of 2010.

GlobalMapper is another issue: There is a trial in the web but without the needed functionality.

HTH,
    Thomas

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

if you have GEotiff or ECW, you can directly use Land to convert it to RMAP

Predeterminado Ah ok.

Ah - even better - so you don't need TTQV at all.

And sorry - I didn't notice your posting while writing mine - don't want to recommend anything illegal.

Regards,
    Thomas

Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo