Resultados 1 al 6 de 6

Tema: Is a Garmin in the hand worth 2 Aventuras in the Bush

Predeterminado Is a Garmin in the hand worth 2 Aventuras in the Bush

Open Thread to CompeGPS

Dear CompeGPS

I live in Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory in Australia. After having done my homework and research over the winter months as to what would be the best GPS for my wife and I to use for hiking I came to the conclusion that the new TwoNav Aventura would be the best suited for our needs.

It appears to be the most versatile unit in respect of it’s ability to use a wide variety and formats of maps, it has the best battery life with the ability to replace the lithium battery with CC batteries if needed, it provides a 3D display, it also doubles as an in car navigation unit. There are other benefits and advantages of the Aventura It seems to be the best unit to future proofi my needs and the firmware is being further developed and improved, with CompeGPS listening to their customer’s feedback.

The Garmin 400 or 550 would be my second choice and the 550 has a camera built in but from my research it is not as versatile as the TwoNav Aventura. Cheaper though

I made the decision in late November last year to purchase the TwoNav Aventura from the official Australian distributor and here it is late January and they are still not in stock. I understand that there have been some problems with the supply of Australian maps for the Aventura but this is really frustrating.

If I can’t purchase the TwoNav Aventura from the distributor here in Australia (who I must say has been extremely helpful and generous in the provision of his advice) then any other GPS unit is going to perform better than a TwoNav Aventura that I can’t purchase. A cheap Gamin eTrex would perform better in every respect than a TwoNav Aventura that I can’t buy! Let’s compare the two: Garmin eTrex – the display is quite adequate; the TwoNav Aventura (that I can’t buy) – well the display is unreadable as it isn’t actually in my hand. Let’s compare battery life: the Garmin eTrex - well the battery life is fair; the TwoNav Aventura – well its not clear whether the battery has run out or is still fully charged cause I don’t have one! The comparison could go on and on but you get the point.

I am quite frustrated by the supply issue with the Aventura. If I’d known that the delay would be this long I would have been tempted to have purchased the Garmin 550 from OctaPC in November!

Could I please have a clear explanation from CompeGPS as to the delay with the TwoNav Aventura in Australia.

Javelyn
    Canberra , ACT, Australia

Predeterminado

I can say we are expecting some units in end of next week or Monday week. They will cover all backorders with spares to go. So, I am pleased to say we will be back on track as of Feb.
    gpstechnologies.com.au
    gpsaustralia.net

Pascal Guest

Predeterminado

Hi Javelyn

I appreciate your sense of humor while you suffer from the lack of stock of Aventura.
    The situation is not easy for Australia for reasons that I cannot make it public.
    Nick knows such reasons and he is part of the solution so I hope we will soon, very soon, really open the sales in Australia.

Predeterminado

Thanks for the response Pascal.

Feel free to use the title as a slogan for the TwoNav Aventuras:

"A TwoNav Aventura in the hand is worth any two other GPSs in the bush (and on the road)!"

Please forward any royalties for using the slogan to my home address.

Cheers.

Barry

Predeterminado

Five weeks on, any news on when the Adventurer will be available in Australia?

Predeterminado

Any questions regarding stock of TwoNav products for Australia should be put to us not this forum. As Pascal has stated you are to contact us for any issues you may have.
    gpstechnologies.com.au
    gpsaustralia.net