Resultados 1 al 6 de 6

Tema: Version 2.1 - Cursor not changing direction

Predeterminado Version 2.1 - Cursor not changing direction

Hello
    Have just noticed that when walking, and then making a change of direction (eg walking East then turn to walk North) the cursor remains pointing in the previous direction (eg East) for several minutes before catching up.

I have bearing set to GPS (i.e. unit is using gps data to determine cursor direction.) I havent tried it using bearing set to compass or automatic. I have tried fixing the problem by turning off and on static navigation but that has no effect.

Is this a "bug" (and shall I report it) or have I got a setting wrong somewhere?

Cheers
    Greg

Predeterminado

...just tried setting bearing to automatic and compass and they both work fine (after calibrating compass). Appears therefore that there is some problm with the unit using gps data to change the cursor direction in a timely manner.

Cheers
    Greg

Predeterminado

If you have bearing set to GPS, you must walk very quick to have a right cursor position. Have a look also on your static navigation status (you must set it off if you are walking)...

Bearing set to GPS is for car or something like that (when you are going to 20km/h or more)...

Best regards...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por CpA Ver mensaje
    If you have bearing set to GPS, you must walk very quick to have a right cursor position. Have a look also on your static navigation status (you must set it off if you are walking)...

Bearing set to GPS is for car or something like that (when you are going to 20km/h or more)...

Best regards...
    Thanks for reply. With respect to having to "walk fast" - that seems a bit strange. The track log is being recorded fine i.e. the GPS "knows" which way Im heading, why doesnt the cursor reflect this straight away?

I didnt notice this issue before V2.1 so I thought maybe it was a bug that has crept in..but maybe its always been there and I just never noticed. Also all my other GPS units work fine when walking so again thought it a bit strange.

Anyway no big deal. I have come to the conclusion that using the Automatic setting for Bearing is best for me (or possibly Compass). I'm geting old and fat so walking fast is becoming less of an option. Thanks for advice on static navigation setting, I was never sure which way to go with that one.

Cheers
    Greg
    Australia
    33.320614°S 115.706092°E
    Última edición por The Explorer; 30/01/2010 a las 09:01

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por CpA Ver mensaje
    Have a look also on your static navigation status (you must set it off if you are walking)...
    I never got static navigation: Can you explain what static navigation exactly does?

Thanks & regards,
    Thomas

Predeterminado

Static Navigation is a GPS filter that stop it if your velocity is under 5km/h.

From GPSPassion:
    Static Navigation : will "freeze" the position at very low speed to cancel out the drifting resulting from the natura "inaccuray" of GPS
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...