Resultados 1 al 6 de 6

Tema: Some question about TwoNav for iPhone

Predeterminado Some question about TwoNav for iPhone

Firstly I'm a totally newbie

I'm using the registered version of CompeGPS. I have loaded a map, selected a part of it and created a ECW file.

After that I've loaded a track on the map and some waypoints.

So, what is the right method to put all on the TwoNav for iPhone?

With right click -> edit I choose Save the map image with track, wpts etc, but after compression the error was "Map too large" if I use ecw format.

If I choose to generate a RMAP file the time is about 5 hours.

What's the right way? Is it putting maps, tracks, wpts all together or not?

Thank's.

Predeterminado

I guess that TwoNav for iPhone does not support ECW map files, so you must create it as RMAP.

If it takes a lot of time, this is because this map will be hudge, and you must reduce it.

Finally, you must upload your map (rmap file), your track (trk file) and your waypoint (wpt file) one by one...

Hope it helps...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por CpA Ver mensaje
    I guess that TwoNav for iPhone does not support ECW map files, so you must create it as RMAP.
    mmm... that's ok. So, the problem is:

if I right click on the map, choose edit -> Save the map images with track, wpty etc. take long long time and hard disk space. Why? What does 'Save the map images with track, wpty' do instead of Save as (who take three seconds to create a 2Mb file).

If it takes a lot of time, this is because this map will be hudge, and you must reduce it.
    how do I know what maps are ok? The map I'm talking about cover Sibillini area in Italy. In ECW format it take 7Mb after selecting the area I'm interested in. If I right click and save as (RMAP) it take 2Mb.

If I right click over the map -> edit -> Save the map images with track, wpty etc take some hours and a lot of space. What's the difference?

Regards.

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por CC88_77 Ver mensaje
    If I right click over the map -> edit -> Save the map images with track, wpty etc take some hours and a lot of space. What's the difference?
    Umm... this has no sense.... Anyway, there is no reason for saving the map with the track & waypoint together...

Anyway... Which Compe version are you using??... I'll do a test for this, maybe there is a bug here...

Predeterminado

I have tested with 6.8.5 without problem...

You must know that if you save the map with your waypoints and tracks (or routes) this will be not useful for navigate... Just will be draw as a new part of the map...

Predeterminado

Thank's so much. It's so clear now