Resultados 1 al 7 de 7

Tema: "No position" when a dozen of sats appear in the constellation

Predeterminado "No position" when a dozen of sats appear in the constellation

Hi !

These days (well, I have my Aventura since less than one week !), my device needs 10 minutes or more to return a position whereas in the constellation view lots of satellites are detected (I mean : appear with a status bar at least 50%, I don't know if this stands for the strenght of the signal).

Note that I did my trials on my bike on a clear area and sunny sky, I have the latest OS/firmware that I downloaded at the beginning of this week.

I tried to return to original configuration before doing another trial : same problem.

The strangest is that I've had no pb for 2-3 days before.

Do I do something wrong ? 4 satellites should not be enough for the system to compute a position ? Is there an advanced mode where I could get more info to report to you ?

Thanks for your answer,

Steven

Predeterminado

Hi Steven... Welcome to the forum!!!

This forum is for and managed by users like you... Maybe this kind of questions would be better done on http://support.compegps.com

Anyway, I have no problems with compute a position with my Aventura... This occurs when you power up your aventura, or when you lost the position and you want to reconnect it??...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado OK, posted ticket to support.

Thanks for the info !
    Anyway, this happens on power-up, or when position has been los for a long time. You've never experienced it ?

Predeterminado

No, I have not problem with it... Only if I have a long time that I have not powered up my aventura and I'm on a bad reception place, I have wait a long time...

If you can see the sky (not on a small streets), the time for fix is very short...

Best regards...

Predeterminado mmmhhh... I hope I'll get some support for this problem !

(I posted a ticket on proper support site)
    On your side, do you observe that as soon as you get 4 satellites in the constellation, your device retrieve its position ?
    If it helps, the "status" when no position is retrieved is a yellow spot; Is there some doc on a color code for this status (on constellation page, hope you see what I mean !)

Anyway, thanks for your time !

Predeterminado

The problem is not how many satellites your GPS can to see. The problem is they must be fixed... and by now we cannot see this...
    We have talked about this...
    http://forum.compegps.com/showthread...atellite+color

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por steven.huet Ver mensaje
    Thanks for the info !
    Anyway, this happens on power-up, or when position has been los for a long time. You've never experienced it ?
    Yes, I have experienced it, from the beginning.
    There is already a thread about that:
    http://forum.compegps.com/showthread...scal#post32572

I already opened a ticket to get the SIRF firmware upgrade, but until now nothing happened. I don't know whats going on.

Regards, bp

Etiquetas para este tema