Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 14

Tema: Corrupted Sportiva after 2.1.9.c upgrade on a Mac

Thumbs down Corrupted Sportiva after 2.1.9.c upgrade on a Mac

For those on a Mac, Do not connect your Twonav onto a mac after upgrading to 2.1.9.c.

Major corruption of files on Twonav folder after I connected to my mac, and this is including XP on Vmware, as soon I connected my Sportiva into XP on Vmware on my Mac and all hell broke loose.

Had to go to my nieces place and use her PC to overwrite the Twonav folder.

I am not game to connect my sportiva into the Mac now, which is a huge dilemma now, How am I going to update and change maps now on my Sportiva?

I didn't even attempt the update, As soon I connected the Sportiva onto my Mac with the 2.1.9.c update all hell broke loose. Error messages came up on xp, something about corruption this and that. I didn't have chance to read it all, and than my mac it started to connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect. over and over again. With warning about corruption. I had to unplug.

When I restart my Sportiva, it boot up into Win CE.

Went to my nieces place connected to a Vista Laptop. Lucky I had a backup of the Twonav folder I done yesterday before I upgraded to 2.1.9.c After I done the downgrade, I then updated to 2.1.9.d
    Última edición por phillipsart; 03/07/2010 a las 05:20

Predeterminado

I never had any problems connecting my Sportiva in Windows XP using Vmware on my Mac until the upgrade.

After updating to 2.1.9.c as soon I connected my Sportiva in XP using Vmware on the mac, that when all hell broke loose as described above.
    Última edición por phillipsart; 03/07/2010 a las 05:20

Predeterminado

Sorry guys, I just realised I had posted this in the wrong category. Could you move it over to the correct category for me.

Predeterminado

Phillip, Maybe the message is an alert of a fail disconnect. In windows, if you don't extract your sportiva with the icon on the task bar (extracción segura in Spanish), you'll get this message on the next time. Windows let you the opportunity of fix this error, doesn't it?

If is another message, please upload an snapshot for me, please...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

Your right on that matter, I did not use the disconnect feature with Windows XP, I never have. I always disconnect from the XP in vmware by just unplugging.

After I had done the upgrade I disconnected my Sportiva from Computer by the USB cable. It all worked fine, But then when I went to plug my Sportiva Back into my Mac using XP in Vmware I immediately received error messages popup on screen in XP and than in Mac. On my Mac my sportiva kept on connecting the disconnecting over and over again.

I've never ever been able to disconnect my Sportiva of my Mac. As soon I Disconnected the Sportiva immediately it would connect again, For this reason I never connect into my Mac without XP on Vmware. With Vmware started and XP loaded, when I connect my Sportiva I receive a popup message asking if I want to connect to Windows or Mac, I always chosen Windows to connect the Sportiva.

The error messages I received on PC, sorry I did not capture any screen shots. All I wanted to do was disconnect. I can't say exactly what the error messages was, but I remember something about port failure. After I disconnected and boot up my Sportiva, it boot straight into Win CE.
    I than plugged back into XP and proceeded to transfer my backup files over to the TwoNav Folder, half way trough the transfer of files, It stopped transferring the files and the error messages poped up again, followed by the connecting and disconnecting on my mac, at this moment my computer than frooze. First XP Froozen than my Mac opperating system froozen. I never seen this happen on my Mac before, I never had a froozen mac.

Do you think this has happened because I did not Disconnect via the icon on the right of taskbar?

I'm not game to plug my Sportiva into my Mac again untill I know for sure.
    And why can I not unplug the Sportiva of my Mac? why does it keep connecting as soon I try to unmount it?

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por CpA Ver mensaje
    Windows let you the opportunity of fix this error, doesn't it?

If is another message, please upload an snapshot for me, please...
    No, I never received any opportunity to fix this error.

Predeterminado

Is it safe for me to plug my Sportiva into my Mac computer using XP in Vmware?

I'm not game to try again after what happened last weekend.
    I been waiting to hear back from you's. I presume you might be working on a solution, hence why I have not heard back. I hope i'm not sitting here waiting for nothing.

Predeterminado

I guess your best choice is to get a ticket from support webpage
    http://support.compegps.com

Let us know what they say...

Best regards...

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por CpA Ver mensaje
    I guess your best choice is to get a ticket from support webpage
    http://support.compegps.com

Let us know what they say...

Best regards...
    Setup ticket 4 days ago, Have not heard back.

Predeterminado

Could you send me the ticket number??...
    I would like to claim it...

Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo