Resultados 1 al 7 de 7

Tema: Poi

Agra,top of a hill on Lago Maggiore,Italy

Predeterminado Poi

Hello,
    how to create a Poi in Two Nav ? 8 or Compe Land for sure)

I see some site that proposes Pois but I want to create a Poi list on the route I'll navigate ( for example museums,campings.....)

Thanks

Predeterminado

Hello,
    problably my question regarding Pois is not well translated or badly explained.
    I know that I can create an archive of waypoints instead of Pois but in this case I can't understand the real use of Poi.
    My interest is in listing campings and museums in a 50 km radius of my planned route. In other worlds these are POIs, are'n they ?
    So :
    - how to create a list in "data"
    - how to associate an icon on the map.
    I hope my question is now more clear and some "expert" can give some advice for forum users.
    Thanks in advance.

Predeterminado

Hi Miko...

Poi is just a waypoint file that you upload into the POI folder. You can assign an icon. Just copy a bmp file with the same name of the waypoint file on the same folder...

For example, you could create a waypoint file named "Campings.wpt or Campings.bwpt (better than wpt)", and you can upload a file named "Campings.bmp" to the same folder...

Also you could assign to it an special sound with a wav file. In this case, Campings.wav.

Hope it helps...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

Thanks.
    So POI it's a waypoint at the end.
    To create a .bwpt I must use the roadbook function when creating, correct?

Predeterminado

No, just open the wpt on Compe7 and "save as..." bwpt".

Remember, bwpt is not editable, so you must save the wpt on your computer for futures updates...

Regards...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

I do that as described by cpa since more than one year, and it works fine - but with one exception:

The text in the POI-files (phonenumbers, addresses, any text) cannot be displayed, or even worse, a wrong text is displayed (I do not know where this comes from).

So one can use POIs only as targets for routes, or as icons on the map display, or to display a list to see how far the POIs are away, but the also important infos in the POI text itself cannot be used.
    I reported that recently as a bug, and maybe it will be fixed in a future release.
    Regards, bp

Predeterminado

yes that is something I am missing to.
    To a waypoint I can assign further information in a txt-file, a jpg.file or a pdf-file.
    But when I copy this waypoint file to the POI folder the is no access to this assigned informations.
    Hartmut