Resultados 1 al 5 de 5

Tema: What do you think of your Sportiva?

Predeterminado What do you think of your Sportiva?

I was wanting to hear peoples experience of the Sportiva, a couple of negative comments regarding accuracy in the bugs section, but what have others found?
    Brett

Predeterminado

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

I love my sportiva, perfect management of all my maps and with compegps land 7.0 I can convert GARMIN maps format in a vectorial format readable from my sportiva. Perfect for use of "open street map" free maps project.
    Very easy interface and full of functions, but...
    Yes I have a problem with accuracy of receiver and this is a big bug for a GPS receiver
    I have make a test with my sportiva, a bargain data logger (45 euro) with venus chipset and my smartphone HTC HD2 and twonav for windows mobile.
    All 3 devices mounted on my bike at same time and the sportiva is the first to loose signal and the last to reaquire signal!
    I hope in a software/firmware problem in sportiva series because sirfstar III in a very good GPS chip . Any new update in this sector from twonav?

Bye
    Erik

Predeterminado

Eric,

English looks good to me! thank you for sharing your first hand experience, I believe that feedback such as this is the best review one can get. The map management sounds great, a bit of a concern with sat lock, aquisition etc.

Thanks,

Brett

Predeterminado

sportiva+twonav = for me the best mini outdoor GPS with top Display

Sat-Fix-Problems:
    Soft 2.2.1 = remedied
    or Sofreset (12 Sec. Hardkey right). Restart after 1-2 minutes
    Servus
    Gerd
    Aventura - Sportiva - Samsung Q1+PPC TwoNav - GPSMAP 60 csx - TTQV 5/4 PU - Globalmapper - CGPSL - W7/64pro -

Predeterminado

Thanks Sardinien
    I have try the manual update to 2.2.1 and my sportiva make a setellites fix in 60 seconds, after 7 day of inactivity, very good result!!!
    Tomorrow I want to try if accuracy (and signal lost) still poor or have improved with this last update.
    See you soon for a report ;-)

Thanks
    Erik