Resultados 1 al 5 de 5

Tema: How about average location and mapinfo

Predeterminado How about average location and mapinfo

Hi,

Is it possible to measure waypoints by average counting with the aventura? My Garmin 60csx has that possibility and it has proved very useful especially in bad recieving conditions. I am archaeologist doing surveys with hundreds of waypoints located on weekly bases. By letting the gps calculate the location from eg 40-50 measurement it made the location more accurate.

My second question is that can one download vector based maps to the aventura directly from eg MapInfo?

Cheers

--Henrik

Predeterminado

Henrik, ask Compe directly via Mail.

For your second point, I don't think it's possible.
    The Aventura understand vectormaps in the format VMAP or Customer maps created with CompeGPS Land in the format VPMF.
    I don't know in which format MapInfo offers their data, if CompeGPS Land can read it, you could create your own VPMF.

Ray
    www.melibokus-biker.de
    Anima+ 3.3.4, , Samsung S5 with TwoNav Android 3.3.4
    (old devices Aventura W.E. 3.1/OS 1.3.60R, Sportiva+ 3.0/OS 2.2.1, Garmin 60CSx, Magellan Meridian Platinum)
    CompeGPS Land 8.1.1 & 7.7.* (Win & Mac) running on Mac OS X using a virtual machine for Win XP
    dt. TwoNav-SubForum im Naviboard
    Perl-Script gpsconv.pl a Converter for Tracks and Waypoints (e.g. GPX, KML and CompeGPS, ...)

Predeterminado

Hi, Henrik,

CompeLand can read *.mif *.tab-format mapinfo vector maps. Maybe you then can create a mpvf-files which you can upload to the Aventura/Sportiva etc.
    Twonav actually only supports vector map in VMAP or MPVF-Format.

Waypoint averaging with my 60csx ( i have it also but actually doesn't use it anymore since i got my Sportiva) is a gimmick but nothing more imho.
    This averaging at least simply filter/normalize extreme values.
    In fact you only got a information about the probablitiy that you are within a circle of x meters.
    But maybe one of these extrem values is the one which at least is closest to your real position?

If you really need to get accurat precise coordinates of your location, you need professional gps units and not such consumer products like the 60csx or Aventura/Sportiva and so on.

cheers
    Gert

Predeterminado

Hi, Henrik,
    in an other context i had a view in the TwoNav 2.2 News

"
    Mean position for new waypoints
    If a waypoint is created in current position while not moving, it will take the mean of the 'stopped positions'.
    Due to GPS error, position is normally not absolutely stopped, but always moving a bit. TwoNav has a default value for 'minimum moving speed' of 1.6 Km/h. This speed can be edited from 'settings > system > advanced'.

"

Maybe its a kind of automatic filter

cheers
    Gert

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por papaluna Ver mensaje
    Hi, Henrik,
    Waypoint averaging with my 60csx ( i have it also but actually doesn't use it anymore since i got my Sportiva) is a gimmick but nothing more imho.
    This averaging at least simply filter/normalize extreme values.
    In fact you only got a information about the probablitiy that you are within a circle of x meters.
    But maybe one of these extrem values is the one which at least is closest to your real position?
    I'm not agreed with you. I've tried on one IGN landmark (precise coordinates are given by the IGN) and the average coordinates give a better precision. You need lot of point to do this and so stay 15min or more on the position.