Resultados 1 al 2 de 2

Tema: Aventura barometric altitude information for other software to use?

Predeterminado Aventura barometric altitude information for other software to use?

Hi,
    use the Aventura with a flight navigation software (LK8000).
    The GPS can I use in this program through the GPS Com port 5 with a baud rate of 4600th
    But how can the barometric data to other software can be used.
    The hardware keys would also be madness.

Is there a capable man who knows about something. And that does not even make you free

Predeterminado

"Well, I have inspected goa-spirit's Aventura now. It has a 2.5mm stereo jack (4 pins) leading out the serial port. It's using TTL signal, i.e. you can connect it directly to a self-made variometer, just like a wayteq. All you need is the 4-pin-stereo jack, available e.g. with Conrad (order no. 730782-62).

Internally the Aventura uses a BMP085 air pressure sensor (just same as the self-made vario). You may connect to it from Windows by using i2c.dll resp. bmp085.dll. To embed it into LK8000 should not be a problem (but because I do not have my own Aventura, I am not going to deal with it furthermore).

I tried the Aventura today on my roof-deck and came to the conclusion that it is not worth to pay 499,- more than for a wayteq.

P.S. If Aventura fans would like to connect their device to a vario having an RS232 output they'll need a level converter. The best way is to purchase the ready-to-use cable."

If someone wants to check i2c.dll resp. bmp085.dll, then GOA-SPIRIT can upload them.