Resultados 1 al 4 de 4

Tema: Sportiva problems I am having.

Unhappy Sportiva problems I am having.

Hi, This is my first post.

I have a Sportiva and have had this problem with it for some time but have now figured out the cause of the problem.

I am on the latest firmware 2.3.1.

1. When I navigate to a geocache that has a '#' in it name I get a green bar appear half way down the screen but the length of the bar changes depending on the name of the cache. The bar will appear when the cache is within 900 meters.

2. I have also noticed that the direction arrow is very slow to update and will often point in the opposite direction, this usually happens after I arrive in a car and start walking, it seems to take a good 2 - 3 minutes for the GPS to sort itself out. When your in a group and every one else has already gone off and found the cache and I'm still waiting for the Sportiva to tell me what direction I have to walk in. Not Good.
    Also the arrow is slow and some time stop moving for up to 10 seconds so when your walking and about 20 meters from the cache and the arrow stop it a real pain.

3. Since I have had my Sportiva I have never been able to use the 3D maps
    because the screen does not redraw the maps clearly, the bottom two thirds of the screen is fine but the top third is blurry.

4. This problem started when I updated to the 2.3.0/2.3.1 firmware my 2D maps are now blurry to the point that I am thinking about down grading to an earlier firmware.

Hope these problem are fixable as I think this little GPS has some good potential.

Thanks
    Rodney

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por Rodent69 Ver mensaje
    1. When I navigate to a geocache that has a '#' in it name I get a green bar appear half way down the screen but the length of the bar changes depending on the name of the cache. The bar will appear when the cache is within 900 meters.
    I don't know anything about this bug. Just put a ticket on http://support.compegps.com
    Anyway, try the last beta version (you have it on the news sub-forum)

2. I have also noticed that the direction arrow is very slow to update and will often point in the opposite direction, this usually happens after I arrive in a car and start walking, it seems to take a good 2 - 3 minutes for the GPS to sort itself out. When your in a group and every one else has already gone off and found the cache and I'm still waiting for the Sportiva to tell me what direction I have to walk in. Not Good.
    Also the arrow is slow and some time stop moving for up to 10 seconds so when your walking and about 20 meters from the cache and the arrow stop it a real pain.
    Have you calibrated your bearing?? just go to menu->config->system->calibrate bearing (I guess this are the steps. I have not got the gps here)
    Also check the bearing mode under menu->config->navigation->track
    I guess the best choice is "Automatic"...

3. Since I have had my Sportiva I have never been able to use the 3D maps
    because the screen does not redraw the maps clearly, the bottom two thirds of the screen is fine but the top third is blurry.
    Check the quality mode of the 3D under menu->config->visualization->3D Mode...
    You must have the "advanced mode" on (menu->config->system->advanced->YES)

4. This problem started when I updated to the 2.3.0/2.3.1 firmware my 2D maps are now blurry to the point that I am thinking about down grading to an earlier firmware.
    Again, try the last beta version...

Hope it helps...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

before23.bmp
    after23.bmp
    3D.bmp

Here are the before firmware 2.3.0 and after firmware 2.3.0, these are using the same map file at the same distance of 1500 m.

The third image is the 3D from an older firmware but the new firmware it just looks like image 2 just tilted a bit, I will post it when I can get the screen shot to work.

also you can see the green bar that pops up with any cache that's name has a '#' symbol in it.
    Última edición por Rodent69; 16/06/2011 a las 06:56 Razón: my pictures are missing???

Predeterminado

Just updated firmware to 2.3.8g, now the GPX files that I have don't work like geocaching GPX files, the short name is now the GC name instead of the cache name and none of the geocaching options work, the buttons depress but nothing happens.

The maps are still blurry so nothing has changed there.

So back to 2.3.1 for me...