Resultados 1 al 4 de 4

Tema: Adventurer for Paragliding Competitions and XCflying

Predeterminado Adventurer for Paragliding Competitions and XCflying

Hi,
    We have the CompeGPS Air software, and we were thinking of buying the Adventurer GPS for Paragliding Competitions because of the whole design that includes a long battery life as well as sun reflective screen.

Would like to know if this GPS set up, displays optimised Cylinder tracks, for tasks etc. I haven't seen any screenshots for a paragliding application but so far really like the all round look of the product.

Many thanks
    Gillian

Predeterminado

There is a guy, that works on Compe, that is a Great Pilot of paragliding.
    Now he is on a Competition. Next week he'll answer your question, thought.

Best regards...
    Todo el día de arriba para abajo...

Predeterminado

Hi,
    Thankyou, I will look forward to hearing his opinion. Also, I would like to ask if your orders@compegps email address still works, as we have been waiting for an email reply for about a week now, and if not. Do you have an email address we can contact re: trade purchase enquiry?

I would like to congratulate Lee Garcia for his overall win at the Spanish Nationals this week, I believe he is the pilot who uses the Aventura. May I also ask if he uses the software provided by CompeGPS or does he use the LK8000 software? I really have no idea. If he uses the LK8000, is it easy to install just by using an SD card or do other configurations need to be altered?

Many thanks,
    Gillian

Predeterminado

Many thaks for your congratulations!

About Aventura: Right now it does not have paragliding competition features.

You can make routes with diferent cilinders but it will always take you to the center of the cilinder( I will push to implement this on TwoNav)...however you can see the cylinder on the screen, I know that is not so accurated as the arrow but it helps quite a lot.

In future versions (I hope soon) of Twonav we will implement the start point waypoint (not implement it yet), for me is one of the most important feature for competition that I miss in Aventura.

During flying I really like to know where I am flying, over wich town, or mountain, I can comunicate this information by radio wile I am doing cross country, even more if you are flying in a new site. I also see in the screen the track so I can see the thermal drift.

And when you land and you have to walk... you know how to get to the nearest main road, and again, you can inform to the retrival.

I hope this helps you to decide.

If you have any other question, here we are.