Resultados 1 al 9 de 9

Tema: HOW TO : when you have 3 devices for 1 map bundle and you want to change one ?

Angry HOW TO : when you have 3 devices for 1 map bundle and you want to change one ?

Hello,

I have 3 devices .... so i take ALL the licences slot for a bundle map.

Do you know how to remove a licence of one of my devices ( the old one which i sell ) for the new one ?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

The message which appears when i want to register a new one is : you reached the all licences ... ask to the twonav support !

Great ! but no answers.

Btw : thanks a lot in advance for any answers.

Regards
    Manu

Predeterminado

Hi Manu,

thats not possible.
    Each activation of the map is linked to a specific unit and can't be unlinked usually.
    Ok, in case of damage of a unit, you may send it to CompeGPS itself, and they exchange these activation e.g. during warranty period.
    Anyway, you wrote "...one of my devices ( the old one which i sell ) for the new one ?...", and the activation key may has gone with the unit to the new owner which can now use the map.
    How should CompeGPS controll that the activation key is not selled/given away from you with the unit.?
    But to get official information please contact CompeGPS.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Angry

Hello and thanks for your answer.

So you mean that the COMPEgps team is so so so stupid to believe that a person who sells an iphone will leave all his personal data without resetting it before ?

Hummmm i don't think they are so so so stupid, i can't belive that ! It's impossible to be so stupid as this ... I'm sure they are not.

All applications bought with an itunes account are "crypted" with this account, this account has the credit card of the owner in it. The application bought with an account can't be used with another itunes account.

And when you like Apple computers and phones, you change a lot ( i have the same problem with my Ipad and my Ipad 2 in fact ), and you mean that i have to buy ANOTHER TIME : My FULL France Topo and FULL Swiss Tope each time for a cost : around 850 euros ?

Hummm .... i can't believe that COMPEGPS team is so so so stupid. But Unfortunatley, i have not answer for the moment from them about my request.

Btw, I'll keep you in touch. Tks Papaluna.

Predeterminado

Dear Manu,

regarding the map data, one fact is that you usually always have to keep in mind that the
    maps you get from a company like CompeGPS, always have to respect the legal right of the data owner. At least afaik its part of contract between data owner and distributor how many activations are allowed and how its handeld. And its the responsibility of the distributor to ensure, that these agreements will be observed.
    And thats what every distributor has to deal with, if its CompeGPS, Garmin, Lowrance or Magellan ...
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

Yep you are right : we all have to respect the legal things .... It's for that i ask to delete the phone licence which i sell from the licence i have .... and as this : nobody can add some maps on it because you need to have an internet connection and a valid serial number to add them as you know IF I HAVE NOT ALREADY reset the phone ... what is totaly impossible from a smart person.

Btw : If COMPEGPS team is really not stupid : they have to think about a process to avoid this kind of problem ( i'm 100% sure they already had this problem, it's logic and totally possible ) .... and if you are smart too : you'll not accept to pay 850 euros every thime you change a phone ? .... I'm curious to know how you'll proceed in this case.

I can tell you that :
    - Memory Map team is more intelligent : you can pay around 50 for 3 licences more if you have reached the original 3 licences and not RE-pay all maps .... The problem is that you have to upload ALL the entirely DVD on the iphone and not some parts.
    - Geolives : they change your device you sell with the new one to respect the 3 licences/map .... but their application is not really finished ....
    - Swiss map mobile : you can download all maps on your devices ( more than 3 ) with the same ITUNES account .... but it's only an iphone application, not linked with a PC . BUT i'll buy all maps to them if the STU.... COMPEGPS team will not accept to change my device.

... Will wait the Compegps team answer and will keep you in touch. And if their answer is wrong, it will be a pleasure to share on some phorums how they are stupid to not have any smart solution when you change your phone after paying 850 Euros for maps.

Will keep the board in touch without any problem. It's important to share what is the result of this issue.

I don't want to fight with you or somebody ... don't worry but i don't want to pay 850 euros every time i buy a new smartophone of if mine is sell or broken and sorry to say that but your answer is not very acceptable for my case.
    Última edición por nslmanu; 30/10/2011 a las 19:07

Predeterminado

I'm new with CompeGPS and I'm very very very upset about this problem (yes, it's a big problem!). I agree 100% with nslmanu, because I plan to buy new devices, not a package of licenses that I already have! I'll stop buy products from CompeGPS now until this is resolved.
    Última edición por magborges; 07/01/2012 a las 22:15

Predeterminado

Eu espero que vocês entendam um pouco de português, já que o espanhol não é tão diferente. Em todo caso, se não for possível, darei um jeito de acertar minhas palavras no meu inglês confuso.

Eu uso GPSs há tanto tempo que nem me lembro quando comecei! Tenho vários aparelhos para uso "off road" e fiquei maravilhado com o potencial do TwoNav em dispositivos da Apple (iPhone e iPad). Gostei tanto que comprei o programa para iOS, o Land 7 e o mapa do Brasil impulsivamente. O mapa, via "in app purchase", não "veio" com o código de ativação. Logo de início, esse problema é uma falha grave: como vou usar as três licenças que paguei, as que eu tenho direito de usar? Depois, descobri essa outra questão, nessa "thread"! Estou muito frustrado, confesso! Planejava acrescentar mapas de outras regiões da América do Sul, primeiro, e, num segundo passo, expandir meu acervo para outros continentes. Se tudo funciona como o explicado aqui, isso é IMPOSSÍVEL!

Espero que vocês revejam o assunto, porque essa prática atenta contra a razão e contra os direitos de consumidores honestos.

Márcio

Predeterminado

Same problem here: iPhone 4 user, I've bought the new iPhone 4S two months ago, and I can't use anymore my access to French IGN maps! This is incredible, and I don't have any feedback from Compe GPS, despite many forum messages. For now, I'm unable to use TwoNav for almost 2 months... I even wonder if they'll credit me with 2 supplementary months when they fixed this VERY BIG PROBLEM. I'm really thinking to drop TwoNav for another app that works more intelligently... Damn, looks like I've lost 50 euros

Anyone from Compe reading here?

Predeterminado

This is only a users forum, so usually only other users may answer you but that's not what you need.
    It's very rarely that you will get a reply from CompeTeam members here.

For request like yours use this platform:

http://support.compegps.com/?/Core/Default/Index

and submit a ticket(after login)

or follow the instructions here:

http://support.compegps.com/?/Knowle...n-line-support

Informations about licences:
    http://support.compegps.com/?/Knowle...cy-of-compegps
    http://support.compegps.com/?/Knowle...-storesmarkets
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos