Resultados 1 al 5 de 5

Tema: Update TwoNav Delta from 2.4.3 to 2.5 does not work

Predeterminado Update TwoNav Delta from 2.4.3 to 2.5 does not work

I tried to update my Delta from version 2.4.3 to the current version 2.5.
    The recommended update method via Land/Air does not work. I get the message that my device has already the latest version. This is not true. Delta shows 2.4.3.
    The other method with downloading the zip file shows strange results after unpacking the zip file, depending on the unpacking software. Unpacking with Windows 7 leads to only one single file. Unpacking with TotalCommander shows a plausible directory tree, but most files have the date 18.12.2559 (!). Unpacking under Linux leads to the same plausible directory tree, bit most files have the date 01.01.1970. Something must be wrong with the zip file. I did not dare to copy these strange files over my version 2.4.3.
    Última edición por josef; 07/01/2012 a las 17:51

Predeterminado

Hi Josef,

1. automatic Update
    which version of Land did you use?
    There was an old version which had problems identifying the version installed on device.

Anyway i noticed the same problem with Land 7.3 and my Sportiva(+). But this was caused by a bug on the website, which was meanwhile fixed by CompeTeam.
    But maybe there is still one for the Delat!?

2. stranged dates
    this problem is already reported.
    But it should usually not a problem.
    If you really extract the file(just done via Totalcommander+7z) the strange date is replaced by actual date, which is not ok but works.
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav

Predeterminado

Hi Gert,

It was Land 7.3 which did not recognize that a new version for the Delta is available online.

I copied now the files manually to the device, ignoring the strange file dates. On the device the file dates seem to be OK. The new version 2.5 is displayed after start-up, everything looks good.

Thank you!
    Josef

Predeterminado

I have the same problem. When I connect the SportivaPlus which has version 7.4.3 firmware, and try to update the firmware through CompeGPS Land version 7.3, it says that the device has the latest version already. On the website I see that the latest version is 7.5, so this is not right.

I am not yet willing to try out the manual update. I can probably do it, but I don't want to get stuck by making a mistake in the update process.
    Could you please see what the problem is, and let us know when the problem is solved?

I also noticed that there is no new version of the TwoNav manual. The version to be downloaded is still called 2.4. Is this related to the update problem?

Thanks.

Marcel.

Predeterminado

Hi Marcel,
    1. for reporting Bugs http://support.compegps.com/

2. Manual 2.5
    simply the work on it is still in progress

3. version recognizing problem during update

usually this was a problem of an CGPSLand/Air version < 7.1.2 What version is reported by CGPSL in the Sportiva+ properties in datatree>Storage files>Twonav_SportivaPlus(contextual menu) ?
    ----------------------
    Gruss
    regards
    saludos
    cordialement

Gert

www.Twonav-gps.de - - - www.garda-gps.de for Twonav