Resultados 1 al 6 de 6

Tema: Multi layered hypermaps

Predeterminado Multi layered hypermaps

Hi,

I created a hypermap of the UK with 3 layers.
    1) An overview of the entire UK
    2) Around 30 tiles, together covering the entire UK but a higher level of detail
    3) Per tile of layer 2) I have about 90 tiles at an even higher level of detail

I created a .imp file for these 3 layers, and this works well for the first 2 layers. However, the 3rd layer never shows up at all.
    Layer 1 has only a "MinZoomLevel" of 85.
    Layer 2 has a "MaxZoomLevel" of 85 and a "MinZoomLevel" of 10.
    Layer 3 has a "MaxZoomLevel" of 10 and a "MinZoomLevel" of 1.
    All layers have the attribute visible = "1".

Layer 1 always shows first. Layer 2 replaces it nicely at zoomlevel 85. But after zoomlevel 10, layer 2 stays in view. Layer 3 never appears.
    I noticed that the first 2 layers are of the type .rtmap. The 3rd layer is of the type .rmap. I don't know if that is a problem.

Could you tell me what the problem could be?
    For example, are hypermaps only appropriate for 2 layers in a single map? Or is there another way to achieve this.

Thanks for your help.

Predeterminado

Hello !
    Maybe, the second layer must be only one card (I never try this possibility).
    You can try to join the tiles of the second layer in one map and retry.

For a good answer, could you give :
    - the text of the .imp ?
    - the structure (were are the maps) ?
    - the size of the tiles ?
    Is the problem for CompeGPS only, for the GPS only or together ?
    bartho1
    Última edición por bartho1; 03/04/2012 a las 11:08

Predeterminado

Hy bartho1,

Sorry for replying so late. Here is the .imp

========================
    CompeGPS MAP File
    <Header>
    Version=2
    VerCompeGPS=7.1.1
    Projection=0,UTM,30,N,
    Coordinates=1
    Datum=WGS 84
    </Header>
    <HiperMapLayers>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\Great_Britain.RTMAP" visible="1" MinZoomLevel="85"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\H*.RTMAP" visible="1" MaxZoomLevel="85" MinZoomLevel="10"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\N*.RTMAP" visible="1" MaxZoomLevel="85" MinZoomLevel="10"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\O*.RTMAP" visible="1" MaxZoomLevel="85" MinZoomLevel="10"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\S*.RTMAP" visible="1" MaxZoomLevel="85" MinZoomLevel="10"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\T*.RTMAP" visible="1" MaxZoomLevel="85" MinZoomLevel="10"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\NH_10K_rmap\NH*_10K.RMAP " visible="1" MaxZoomLevel="10" MinZoomLevel="0"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\NN_10K_rmap\NN*_10K.RMAP " visible="1" MaxZoomLevel="10" MinZoomLevel="0"/>
    </HiperMapLayers>
    ========================

As you can see, your answer probably solves my problem here. I just have to join the maps with MaxZoomLevel="85" MinZoomLevel="10" to a single map. I will see how I can do that.
    So far I was not aware that I needed to do that. It would be nice if CompeGPS could handle multiple maps at multiple levels, of course, but I guess it's not a real problem.

To completely answer your questions:
    - the structure of the maps follows from the .imp text.
    - the size of the subfolder with the .rtmap files mentioned in the .imp is 868 MB
    - I have so far only tried it in CompeGPS Land. I reasoned that if it doesn't work there, I don't need to try it on the Sportiva yet.

Thanks a lot for your reaction. In the meantime, I'll try to join the second level maps into one. If you see any other errors in the .imp file, please let me know.

Predeterminado

Hi Bartho1,

Just managed to 'merge' my maps (litte confusing that the manual says "join maps" while CGPSL 7.3.1 calls it "merge maps"). Changed my .imp file, and yes, it works now. I think I'll merge the more detailed maps a bit too, since that is a bit easier to handle. But most important, it works...
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Predeterminado

Hello,
    Great ! We are walking in the good direction.

Now, to simplify more :
    <HiperMapLayers>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain.RTMAP" MinZoomLevel="85"/>
    <HLayer File="name.RTMAP" MinZoomLevel="10"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RMAP\*.rmap"/>
    </HiperMapLayers>

Traduction :
    I don't know if visible="1" is necessary (in CompeGPS, no) ;
    Idem for MaxZoomLevel= (the system "knows" the limits of a card)
    *.rmap (lot of) inside Great_Britain_RMAP (you can choose Great_Britain_RTMAP, but in this case, change .imp) ;
    name.RTMAP = one card only but another name maybe. This card is outsise of Great_Britain_RMAP.
    Beside name.RTMAP, you put Great_Britain.RTMAP and the .imp modified.
    Nothing else !
    Now, you can try in CompeGPS, then in GPS.

Questions :
    Great_Britain.RTMAP is from CompeGPS ?
    I suppose that the *.rtmap from the second level are not from CompeGPS (no possible to assemble because of copyrights).
    Have fun.
    Última edición por bartho1; 21/04/2012 a las 17:57

Predeterminado

Hi bartho1,

Thanks again for your help. I will see if I can further simplify the .imp according to your instructions.
    In the meantime, I merged the various maps, also the ones at the lowest level. This simplifies the .imp a lot already. And it still works. Merging takes a long time, though.
    I also tried it on my Sportiva+ and yes, also that works. Needless to say, I'm very happy with that.

The maps I use here are not from CompeGPS. You can download Ordnance Survey maps of the UK for free from the Ordnance Survey website. And it's totally legal.
    It turns out that people in the UK noticed that Ordnance Survey is a company that is totally funded through public money, and that is why they thought the mapping material should be free. I am not sure if they even brought that to a court of justice, but in the end it was decided that the maps would be free.

So I downloaded an overview map, all tiles of 1 : 250.000, and all tiles of 1 : 10.000. Needless to say that the files are quite big, if you combine them all. But it is great to have them.
    The overview map and the 1 : 250.000 map have nice colouring and lines for showing the altitude. The 1 : 10.000 maps unfortunately do not have that, but they have great detail. You can even see the individual hotels, B&B's, walking paths, low-water crossings in streams in Scotland, etc.

Of course they do not provide them as .rmap but some formats they provide can be opened in CompeGPS Land, and then converted to .rmap.

Here is my current .imp, not yet updated to your suggestions, but a lot simpler than it was before.

========================
    CompeGPS MAP File
    <Header>
    Version=2
    VerCompeGPS=7.1.1
    Projection=0,UTM,30,N,
    Coordinates=1
    Datum=WGS 84
    </Header>
    <HiperMapLayers>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\Great_Britain.RTMAP" visible="1" MinZoomLevel="65"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\Great_Britain_250K.RMAP" visible="1" MaxZoomLevel="65" MinZoomLevel="5"/>
    <HLayer File="Great_Britain_RTMAP\Great_Britain_10K*.RMAP" visible="1" MaxZoomLevel="5" MinZoomLevel="0"/>
    </HiperMapLayers>
    ========================

Thanks again, and good luck with finding the UK maps.

Etiquetas para este tema